Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do I wish the Prime Minister would stop asking rhetorical questions? Yes I do.

Has he listened to Barack Obama's speech patterns and decided he'd like a bit of his popularity? Yes he has.

Would he kindly disappear up into his worthless, value-free, elitist, regressive arse? No, I'm afraid he probably won't.

:sad11:

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
Oh my god. He hasn't started doing that too has he?

When I saw one of those Obama speeches where he was doing that, and the dead eyed smiling crowd were repeating in unison the "yes we can" phrase after every time he said it (again and again and again...) I found it truly disturbing. It was like watching some cult leader and his brainwashed followers or something (the very same psychological processes at work there I think!).

Frightening!

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does he do it in a yet more irritating manner by using it in conversation rather than speeches, thereby only having to answer the questions he himself has chosen? Yes he does.

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
Someone's probably given him an NLP book or something, but he's struggling to pull it off with the same panache as the US politicians (some of them are masters of this imho - particularly Bill Clinton when you hear some of his speeches).

As I say, truly frightening if that's what he's up to :(

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Oh my god. He hasn't started doing that too has he?

When I saw one of those Obama speeches where he was doing that, and the dead eyed smiling crowd were repeating in unison the "yes we can" phrase after every time he said it (again and again and again...) I found it truly disturbing. It was like watching some cult leader and his brainwashed followers or something (the very same psychological processes at work there I think!).

Frightening!
Normal political process being followed then.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Do I wish the Prime Minister would stop asking rhetorical questions? Yes I do.

Has he listened to Barack Obama's speech patterns and decided he'd like a bit of his popularity? Yes he has.

Would he kindly disappear up into his worthless, value-free, elitist, regressive arse? No, I'm afraid he probably won't.

:sad11:
Change we need?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts