Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having just been to visit 'Moon' down in deepest France, it made me wonder how many other XRVers are lurking in odd bits of Europe.
Just discovered Cookie is also in my bit of the world, and Snaphappy is oop north of me too...

Thoughts anyone?

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
It was removed for some reason, but i personally would like to see it return. Maybe not giving your exact address, if anybody wants that for any reason it can be given by a PM if you choose to do so. The map showing your town or village would be adequate for me. Could be helpful if your out for a ride and get problems you may be able to look on the map and the closest person on the map may be able to help or give you just some local knoledge or help

·
Registered
459 Posts
It was removed for some reason, but i personally would like to see it return. Maybe not giving your exact address, if anybody wants that for any reason it can be given by a PM if you choose to do so. The map showing your town or village would be adequate for me. Could be helpful if your out for a ride and get problems you may be able to look on the map and the closest person on the map may be able to help or give you just some local knoledge or help
2nd that it would be handy, Id help anyone if I could, even if they're from the Dark Side :D
:D
Mike

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts

·
Adventurer
587 Posts
Ohhh nnoo, My Map has been trashed by, taken over by jasonbc

Rather than 'XRV members Map' as the title, we now have 'jasonbc'

And all the instuctions have been deleted and replace with 'Safe house if desperate'

Anyone know anything about this?? :confused:

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Ohhh nnoo, My Map has been trashed by, taken over by jasonbc

Rather than 'XRV members Map' as the title, we now have 'jasonbc'

And all the instuctions have been deleted and replace with 'Safe house if desperate'

Anyone know anything about this?? :confused:
Confused me too :(:(:( [I refuse to use that dumb :confused: icon :D]

Reactions: East Coast

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Confused me too :(:(:( [I refuse to use that dumb :confused: icon :D]
I may be guilty of cocking something up, if i have accept my appologies as i don't know what i'm supposed to have done but i did try to put my location on the map earlier and it kept thowing errors at me. So i may be responsible:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:.

Just logged onto it to see whats happened and i think what happened was when i put the icon on my location the box on the left saying "DESCRIPTION" flashed at me so i typed the details to go on my location in there thinknig it would attach to my location

If there is anything i can do to help sort out the cock up let me know

·
Adventurer
587 Posts
I may be guilty of cocking something up, if i have accept my appologies as i don't know what I'm supposed to have done but i did try to put my location on the map earlier and it kept thowing errors at me. So i may be responsible:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:.

Just logged onto it to see whats happened and i think what happened was when i put the icon on my location the box on the left saying "DESCRIPTION" flashed at me so i typed the details to go on my location in there thinking it would attach to my location

If there is anything i can do to help sort out the cock up let me know
I don't know Jason, 100 odd members and I've seen a thing or two while monitoring it but never, i repeat never had anyone try to hijack it until now lol :):D

If I'm honest, I'm actually quite surprised nothing like this has happened sooner, with the whole map being collaborative, it is literally is open to every one to balls up :D And i admit it's not exactly intuitive.

I will have a hunt around for a copy of the instructions to paste back in so no worries there.

What I would really like to do is lock the map to just one user then start a thread where folks can post their name / approx location and notes.

Only problem is we would then need somebody to monitor the thread from time to time and add the details as they are posted. Not a major task as most active users are already listed.

Any volunteers? Lulu? (you seemed to add yourself ok :thumbleft:)

Lastly I agree that it would be much better if we could make it part of the forum but if i remember correctly there was an issue with the off-the-shelf solution and it would now be reliant on the Canadian owners being willing to install and maintain it.

It's a great feature to have but could now be time to improve it or look at an alternative. What does everyone reckon? :thumbup:

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
I don't know Jason, 100 odd members and I've seen a thing or two while monitoring it but never, i repeat never had anyone try to hijack it until now lol :):D

If I'm honest, I'm actually quite surprised nothing like this has happened sooner, with the whole map being collaborative, it is literally is open to every one to balls up :D And i admit it's not exactly intuitive.

I will have a hunt around for a copy of the instructions to paste back in so no worries there.

Lastly I agree that it would be much better if we could make it part of the forum but if i remember correctly there was an issue with the off-the-shelf solution and it would now be reliant on the Canadian owners being willing to install and maintain it.

It's a great feature to have but could now be time to improve it or look at an alternative. What does everyone reckon? :thumbup:
dOES THAT MEAN AS A DUMB A*S i've been forgiven:D:D:D:D..................................

Yes, i wouls like to see the map imported (somehow) back onto the forum

L

·
0 Posts
The original member map was removed as it was never updated by the author and in the end it was incompatible with the updated forum software. There are current more updated maps but the issue again is that a couple of years down the line they again become out of date and need removing. There is also no way of importing the google map into VBulletin

·
Adventurer
587 Posts
The original member map was removed as it was never updated by the author and in the end it was incompatible with the updated forum software. There are current more updated maps but the issue again is that a couple of years down the line they again become out of date and need removing. There is also no way of importing the google map into VBulletin
Thanks, for now I have closed the collaboration options on the Google map to preserve the list.

If the subject comes up again or any new or existing members would like to be added to the current map, I will look at starting a new thread for them to post their details. I will then look to form an admin group to keep it updated and maintained. :thumbright:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I must be getting old...I've marked myself on that map already, but have no recollection of doing so:happy6::D

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
...What I would really like to do is lock the map to just one user then start a thread where folks can post their name / approx location and notes.

Only problem is we would then need somebody to monitor the thread from time to time and add the details as they are posted. Not a major task as most active users are already listed.

Any volunteers? Lulu? (you seemed to add yourself ok :thumbleft:)

Agree it's a useful feature to have, but would like it to be part of the forum before I would commit to monitoring. I also have very limited time availability..I won't rule the possibility out, but let's see what the site owners have to say first :thumbup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts