Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just came across this on my "browsing" travels & I can't make my mind up, is it getting a virtually unused bike for a knockdown price or a bike that would lose 1k as soon as you rode it out of the shop. Pricewise, it's certainly into injection Vara teritory.
What d'you reckon??

Just browsing you understand!

Phil

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
On the subject of just browsing Phil,why not scrub your postcode of that search page a bit sharpish ? Or we'll all know where to come for a look at your bikes. ;)

PS. How could you think of doing AT money on a Vara ? :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I think it's mental expensive personally, certainly into FI territory.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Scrubbed the link until I get to the comp & get the link again, cheers for that soho....!

Just browsing & somehow stumbled across it, kinda got itchy feet again which is always worrying!

Phil

sent from my 'phone

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Phil

To put this in perspective I paid £3000 for a 2007 Varadero in December with 14k on the clock. I think this is a bit expensive, but that’s just me.

Andre

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree, it does sound expensive but then IF it is just like a brand new bike with less than 3k from new.

Don't worry, I'm not considering buying but it just caught my eye and looked a mint low miler

Phil

sent from my 'phone

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not much response here but curiosity got the better of me.
I was intrigued at what 3 1/2k of 3000mile carbadero buys you.

Not much in reality, rh fairing has suffered from a fall - not just light scuffs either and various other light scuffs here and there, notable corrosion showing on various fasteners and brackets & particularly underneath on the subframe, fork legs looked like they could have been flashed over with a rattle can too....

I don't doubt the sub 3k mileage, going from the usual wear areas - confirmed with stamped service book & Mich t66 tyres that were dated 2001!

The rear looked low with loads of sag, I wound the preload to max & sag was 'just about' acceptable for light solo use, are they normally that saggy or has someone fitted a softer spring????

Way overpriced, moderate condition & with no extras fitted.

I handed the info pack to the sales guy who said
'' what do you think''
'' nah, it's a bit scabby''

Punchline

''Well what do you expect for such a cheap bike!''

Phil

sent from my 'phone

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Funny you should say that Tone, a few searches shows early abs/fi bikes no more expensive than the more dated carb'd bikes.

Look at the wiring diagram for something like the crossrunner, scary, I tell ya. There must be 1/3 the Honda workshop manual dedicated to checking & diagnosing the pgm-fi!
And all for what :/
Feckin 'emissions'

Theres something about carbs & cdi that sits comfortably with me :)

Phil

sent from my 'phone

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Rode a Street Triple R last week. Great fun but a bit flighty on the throttle. Got a warm fuzzy feeling when I got my carbs back!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts