Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
At least it is better to use that as a basis for a naked TA than a decent fully faired one.
VMCC eligible under the 25 year rule, it would raise a few eyebrows!
Fun for someone.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
quick rub down with an oily rag and ship to Mongolia....:D

its an Alp:toothy10:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
you say project I say money pit . they say you cant polish a turd well you can but it takes a lot of work it a difficult process and turd polish is expensive and hard to find not many places stock it . but if you went the rat bike /survival bike or just get it road worthy it would work out fine or maybe a good source of spares . i'm not bothered reading the description as i'm not interested in buying it . there is a cool looking transalp rat bike on youtube .

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
you say project I say money pit . they say you cant polish a turd well you can but it takes a lot of work it a difficult process and turd polish is expensive .
just roll it in glitter.. cheap and fast :D

seriously though ,

you would not try to restore this back to its former glory, far too expensive.. like building a car from a parts list and there are some great 600s out there ( geting fewer though ).

not even sure its worth it as a parts bike, as the rare bits are missing and whats left is available from breakers :thumbup:

but RD03 folk could be interested in wheels/ rads etc.

so its a Rat and hopfully some one will do that nd get some great fun out of it

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
i notice few more decent 600 TA's on ebay recently

this one ain't bad (as long as you dont mind riding home from Cumbria!)

Honda xl600v Transalp | eBay
nice bike you don't see many 87 ones for sale its a bit of a collectors item I think . be interesting to see what it makes ? oh yeah and thanks for putting the link up could be someone on hear is looking for one just like it ,I would like to have it myself it being so clean and the first year and all . the original bike made a good price a bidding war me thinks ?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I would already own the second one if I had bags of money but I don't so I don't . I saw it a few days ago 2700 miles is that a miss print ? is it 27,000 if it is then he can shove it :toothy9:

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
£3,000 is probably a little steep

This one went for £1,900 and it had 8,000 miles on it, which was a good buy for someone. Maybe the purple colour scheme put buyers off!

Honda Transalp XL600V. Immaculate.low mileage | eBay

Other recent ebay 600 TAs with 30,000-40,000 miles have gone for about £1,000-£1,500

that's a great deal for someone the colour is grand id say it never saw a drop of rain its fair clean looking .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts