Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,026 Posts
The top part is of a Dzuz fastener isn't it. The only ones I know of are for the front side fairing on the RD04s

Reactions: TJE

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've torn the frame/chassis of my RD07 apart to the last bolt and did not find that. So i think that Yen is right and it must be RD04. And now I know what a Dzus fastener is. Every day is a school day. :)

...or maybe I should be concerned that it is missing :)

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,026 Posts
I've torn the frame/chassis of my RD07 apart to the last bolt and did not find that. So i think that Yen is right and it must be RD04. And now I know what a Dzus fastener is. Every day is a school day. :)

...or maybe I should be concerned that it is missing :)
RD07s never had them.

One of the reasons I got rid of my first XRV was that it was an RD04 and it took me ages to take the tank off for the servicing that was being carried out on a regular basis due to my mileage. After the 4 easy to remove Dzus fasteners between tank and fairing, it took an age to undo the bottom nut and bolts holding the tank on and the seat had to be unbolted to get to the rear tank bolt as well. On the RD07 it was tank off in about 2 minutes.

Reactions: TJE

·
Space Emperor
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot for clearing that up, guys ... How on earth did I end up with this thing in my spare parts box??? We live in strange times :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts