Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right lads im new to this site and have a 94 Domi.
Im in the process of turning the bike into a supermoto i have the exhaust fitted twin pipes from and SP2 modified and next is the wheels.
I need to know whats the best to fit i would like to keep them as spooked wheels.Any ideas or the best route to go down.And what fits the best.
THANKS.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
The least hassle, is probably the more expensive.

I got my Dommie hubs re-spoked to Morad rims. The effect was pleasing!!

My mechanic friend agreed to get me trade price on the parts and labour, but unfortunately he made a mistake. I had asked for a 110 front tye, but he accidentally ordered a rim to take a 120. It still fitted, but I had to grind away some of the fork brace that sits under the frot mudguard. I also dropped the standard guard and fitted a generic SM mudguard that needed drilling to fitted. That was no great problem.

For me the result was understated but a brilliant ride: the perfect combination for me.

Warning: the biggest hassle was the speedo. I had to buy a small speedo adaptor to convert the revs from a 17" front to give a correct speed in a speedometer designed for revs from a 21". The adaptor was a small ally cube with gears inside: cost me £70!!! But at least my bikes mileage stayed accurate.

Enjoy the end result

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I had a 17" wheel made from a dominator hub and then fitted a FMX rear which needed no mods.
I've now got a complete FMX fork set up with a front wheel to fit. Not sure it's an upgrade from the original domi forks but it does look better.

·
Romanian Trailbiker
616 Posts
70 quid for an adapter? Another 40 and you can replace the entire cockpit with a new, digital one.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
70 quid for an adapter? Another 40 and you can replace the entire cockpit with a new, digital one.
I assume you mean the likes of a Trailtech?

Problem is that you lose the mileage recording, and £40 was still £40 in those days!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinkin that was the best way to go, can you lads recommend a company to rebuild my wheels.what size rear wheel did you go for and tyre thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts