Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a no spark situation with my 1990 Dominator. The previous owner had made some very interesting electronic additions to the bike, and later removed the added parts and left open ended wires and switches in place. To make it more standard again, I removed about 1kg of wires from the bike.

Everything else works fine now but there is no spark. It worked fine before the operation so I think the parts should be OK. I guess something wrong with the wiring. The voltage coming to the coil is now 0 and peaks to 4-7V when I stop cranking.

I would need help in tracking down the cause. Is there anyone who knows:
  • What should the voltage from the CDI box to the coil be? Most likely this is not enough currently.

• How do I track down the possible issues of the wiring coming to the CDI box? What should be the voltage of each of the wires coming to the CDI box? (1. Black/Yellow going to coil, 2.Black/White, 3. Red/Yellow, 4. Blue/Yellow, 5. Green that is attached to the black/white)
The voltage of the red/yellow wire is 0, is that OK? I guess the green (yellow in this pic) should be to the ground and I tried that but did not help. It worked previously with this arrangement made by the previous owner.

Or any other ideas that might help?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Answering to my own question after figuring it out. The voltage to the red-yellow wire should constantly be 12V when power is on. If not --> No spark.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am trouble shooting as well.
I'm interested in the answer to your own first question :)
* What should the voltage from the CDI box to the coil be?

Thanks!

Regards
Johan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts