Honda XRV Forum banner

Dominator 2 up?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  richie 
#1 ·
Going to do a bit of touring in Sri Lanka. Rental companies have xr250/baja which the wife has complained about in the past. They also have Dommie's and XT600 (660?) Is the Dommie seat roomier than the xr? Anyone done longer journeys 2 up?

#2 ·
Had a great time in Sri Lanka earlier this year. You won't need a powerful bike so a Dommie would be fine. Did not see one when I was there BTW.....

Also I was traveling with my wife and kids for a month after India where we returned to after wards so I did not ride a bike there. Have to say it's a fantastic place and a bike would defo be the best way to visit...

Pictures here.....Sri Lanka 2010

PMme if you want any info... we travelled a bit in Asia and know a thing or three

#3 ·
Fantastic pics Ritchie
Getting excited now. We're basing ourselves at Unawatuna. Looks fantastic.

(checked out your Laos pics as well. We rode from Vientiane to Luang Prabang and back on an XR250 last year. Would love to go back.:thumbup:

#4 ·
Of all the beaches Mirissa was our favourite. The trouble is that Sri Lanka has a ring road.... Ie the road goes around the island, so it's difficult sometimes to get a nice beach....

The inland highlands are absolutely fabulous, great biking roads and safe enough driving on the whole.. try Kandy and Ella... plus lots of other places, you have the luck of being able to stop where you like due to the bike..

I used to have a Dommie, it'll be fine for the job.. Enjoy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.