Honda XRV Forum banner
2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Whoisdc 
#1 ·
hello,

I've had a dominator with the intention of building a custom bike out of it for a few months but the weather has been putting me off until recently.

I have a couple of questions which I can't find proper answers to. If someone could help answer them I'd appreciate it.

EXHAUST - I want a 2 into 1 exhaust. Are the headers from an XL600/XR600 a direct bolt on to the domi?
Alternatively I know you can get an exhaust with the 'y' coming down the front of the engine and then goes under it (as seen on a few well known builds :thumbup:) is this hard/expensive to get hold of?
Any info on exhausts would be helpful.

FRONT END - I don't plan on going off road once the builds done so I was looking to lower and stiffen the front, I've found guides on how to do this but at the same time I want to downsize the front wheel and have seen how expensive this can be on the existing hub, so, Is there a front end conversion which can be done without too much head scratching? I'm thinking finding a 'sportier' bike with the same stem size and swapping the whole lot inc. front wheel and brake. Does anyone know of any/know where to find out what will fit?
Again, any info is helpful.

Many thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
my Dominator lost 5,3 kilos from the 2 on 1 exhaust.i have installed xr600r headers to my RD08 frame without problem.the only thing you must do is to make a bracket(very easy) in the end of the headers(green circle) which will be solidified on frame(red circle)
http://s1182.photobucket.com/user/dominatoras/media/12/IMG610_zps0791bbd1.jpg.html

headers are too close with the oil drain bolt but there is no problem with the unscrew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.