Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lost all power to lights, indicators and horn and cant figure out the problem.
The brake light and the side stand light are fine.
When I turn on the ignition, the bike starts fine;
I have checked the fuses and they are all ok but I am not sure what to look for next.
Are there any obvious solutions I may have over looked?

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Check the loom near the headstock, many bikes looms go around the headstock (not sure on a Dommie) and the wires can chafe or even stretch.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They worked before I took my engine out and all wires have been put back to where they should be.
I have just had the screen off to check the fusebox connections and all seems ok.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Dommies often suffer corrosion in the multi-connectors that attach the switchgear to the loom. Give them a check with a multimeter and see whether you have voltage where you're meant to.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yep, all those things that you've lost are connected at one of those big connector blocks, front left under the tank, the connector block attaches to the frame in a little bracket.

Sounds like the power isn't getting through that connector block.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, all those things that you've lost are connected at one of those big connector blocks, front left under the tank, the connector block attaches to the frame in a little bracket.

Sounds like the power isn't getting through that connector block.
Thanks for the heads up kind sir, as soon as I took the tank off I spotted the block you spoke of and lo and behold, just like magic, all is well again.
You have saved me a bit of head scratching and there is a case of beer in the fridge for you but you have to come and get it as its too heavy to post. :blob4::thumbup:

Thanks to all for your input. :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts