Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one have drawings, plans or a blue print to make an engine stand for my dominator motor.If you can you post a picture on here or email them to me, with the dimensions, I might be able to get one fabricated locally at the weekend.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of my mates is a blacksmith and he accepts payment in beers ,heading out to see him tomorrow.
A case should do the trick which costs about a fiver over here and just fits nicely onto my rack..:D
I could do it in wood being a cabinet maker by trade but I want to help him drink the beers.:eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
92 Posts
What a nice mate you are :) I'm glad I haven't got friends like you my liver would look like the dogs dinner.
Make sure hes sober before he starts on your stand thou else you'll end up bashing one up yourself.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont drink much myself due to doctors orders but maybe I will have one or two in a supervisory capacity.
I prefer a spliff now and again but my doctor says thats a no no too.
Dont you just love doctors.
Thank god I still got my bikes to play with.:blob2:

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Get an old Tuborg or Ramlossa crate, but a bin liner over the top,fill it from the side with expanding insulator and drop your motor on top before it fully sets. Bam ! :thumbup: ..........End with a nice cup of rosie and a puff down at Christiania ! :)

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Where do I find the local expanding insulator shop in my neighbourhood......hmmm?
I dont need to go to Christiania as the stuff I grow myself in my garden is far superior than anything they sell.
My blacksmith friend is currently smiling at the ceiling and attacking a plate of chokkie bikkies as I type.....lol:thumbleft:
Looks like his work is finished for today, not to worry he will get round to it eventually, no hurry.....

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The nearest Bauhaus to me is in Odense as I live on Fyn which is the big island in the middle of Denmark with a bridge either end of it.
My mate has the drawing I made and his down payment for materials.He gets the rest of his wages when his work is done:clown:
Now I can focus on putting my SLR front wheel and caliper on my Dommie and take it out for a spin and see if its burning oil as it looks like its been ridden hard and put away wet.
Might have to get new pads as I dont know what shape my caliper is in until it arrives by post from Liverpool.:blob6:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts