Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,, what to you think of using a Dommi off road,, is it too heavy, or what,, i intend doing forrest tracks,, not out an out enduro playing down the bing, has anyone here use there dommi fur the same kinda thing as green laning. cheers.

·
Registered
84 Posts
iv done the same on my dommy i found it great it is a little heavy (when yo drop it )but its performed well i used the same tyres as well i do on the road the metz tourance and they worked well,have fun mate mart

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Hi afk I use mine off road all the time its not too bad but it suffers a bit with low ground clearance and can get hung up in ruts because its a bit wide. I don't know what others are like but mine hates rocky sections bounces the bike everywhere but is a good trail bike.
This is the type of terrain it likes best last Sundays plod about

·
Now on a BMW R1100RS.
952 Posts
My SLR 650 has been through some mud and stuff, I've found it's been easy to predict and really quite good. You need to wrestle it about a bit in ruts and rocky bits (as said). Snow isn't too bad but don't go out with bald Tourances, they really are no good on compacted snow. :)
Basically, yes it'll do great, a lot better than most folk expect.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
xrmad,, where is the pic taken... ad love fur to go there an explore,,, can ye send me some pics o yer outing, [email protected] an any pics o yer off road dommie,, wher did ye put all the electrics an the cdi box....john

meant tae say,, what tyres are ye boasting there. ???

·
Apprentice Mud...wiz
442 Posts
My dominator has been laned hard for two years solid. I've been to Enduro track's on it. Even took it to a moto X track for the day... and got laughed at and overtaken by everything - but it was fun!
I don't see a problem in using it for green lanes. You don't want a crf450x or something 'too' easy or it just won't be challenging on relatively easy British green lanes......
You can get any bike anywhere!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
xrmad,, where is the pic taken... ad love fur to go there an explore,,, can ye send me some pics o yer outing, [email protected] an any pics o yer off road dommie,, wher did ye put all the electrics an the cdi box....john

meant tae say,, what tyres are ye boasting there. ???
Hi i'm running a treleborg army special on the rear and an AC10 on the front good off road but on the road makes the bike handle like a shopping trolly with a busted wheel
All the electrics i rerouted under the seat because the xr seat sits a bit higher than the standard one to match the tank theres a nice gap there like it was made for it

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
did ye cut an join wires to be able to re route,, im sure I put ma cdi there before,,, I liked yer picture,,, on one of the pics, i was trying to fiqure out where ye were by the road signs when ye were at a t junction wi the Royal enfield.... but couldnt make the sign out.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
did ye cut an join wires to be able to re route,, im sure I put ma cdi there before,,, I liked yer picture,,, on one of the pics, i was trying to fiqure out where ye were by the road signs when ye were at a t junction wi the Royal enfield.... but couldnt make the sign out.
Just undone the tape on the wiring loom and there was enough slack to get the cdi anywhere i wanted as most of the wiring comes from the air box area up to the handlebars. All the photos are around south and mid wales the ones with the enfield were up around lake vyrnwy

·
Ride any Road. Ask me...
2,574 Posts
My dominator has been laned hard for two years solid. I've been to Enduro track's on it. Even took it to a moto X track for the day... and got laughed at and overtaken by everything - but it was fun!
I don't see a problem in using it for green lanes. You don't want a crf450x or something 'too' easy or it just won't be challenging on relatively easy British green lanes......
You can get any bike anywhere!
Oh, that boy is using my sayings now!!
Absolutely wonderful bikes off the tarmac. And you can ride them there, no need for trailers/vans.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts