Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Denmark.

My son passed his test for a motorbike today so as soon as we can get the insurance and registration sorted he will be let loose on this.

$_12.JPG

He has spent the last six months getting it ready and I need to follow him for a while to make sure its all good.

I need to get some new tyres on my bike so we can go exploring in soft/hard gravel and a bit of mud perhaps.

12404338_1296252017057479_1722562898_n.jpg

I need tyres that are a bit more offroad than on but can handle slippy country lanes.
Any suggestions chaps?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Congratulations jnr half way there :thumbright:

those dunlops would cope ok with the odd off road excursion, if you want something more off road biased you could give the continental tkc80's a go,
Continental Motorcycle Tires TKC 80
i had them on my bike a couple of years back, better on the road than you might imagine but did wear out pretty quick

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Congratulations jnr half way there :thumbright:

those dunlops would cope ok with the odd off road excursion, if you want something more off road biased you could give the continental tkc80's a go,
Continental Motorcycle Tires TKC 80
i had them on my bike a couple of years back, better on the road than you might imagine but did wear out pretty quick
I am deffo going for new ones after all the work I did getting the Dommie sorted and I cant have jnr showing me whats what off road...Those Dunlops are arse tweakers on wet grass so I cant imagine them being any use where jnr will probsably end up on his DT. :grin::grin::grin:.
Final part of his licence is in about 10 days.:thumbup:
His teachers have said he can bring his bike in to the workshop if he wants to work on it which is useful.
How quick do them Contis wear out?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Those Dunlops are arse tweakers on wet grass
just about any tyre ,including the tkc's, will be an arse tweaker on wet grass its very slippery stuff,

my tkc's were worn out after 2 1/2 k miles, all the 100mph test rides probably didnt help much :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need to get em sorted soon coz I just got a job and will be riding through the winter ,much rather on the Dommie than the CX.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have Continental Conti Escape on mine. Reading between the lines of Continental 's own website, it's a road tyre for adventure "style" bikes ;-) so more style than substance in its off-road capabilities compared to TKC70 or 80 for example.

Having said that, I've had a couple of excursions down gentle green lanes on mine without dramas. And they certainly look the part compared to the Bridgestone BT45s they replaced!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Mitas E07 are long lasting 70/30 tires. And they are cheap.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I have decided to give them Mitas 07s a try mainly due to the price...
They look like they are up for what I need and its time the Dommie had a good thrashing as I have been busy all summer with other bikes
I had jnr pop round today and he wanted to try his bike out now he has passed his test.
He couldnt get it started as he flooded it so I suggested he took the carb off to give it a clean to see if that sorts it out.
He said he wanted to take the carb into school so he can try out their ultra sound carb cleaning device..
I gave him two other carbs to take with him in case he needs the practice.....:D:D:D

He wanted to clean my flatside but I told him there is no way he is getting his hands on it unless one of his teachers knows about flatsides.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've just put some E-07's on my dommie. (Standard sizes) and they are great.

Only done about 500 miles on them but they feel great. Pissing down the other night on the way home from work and they are fantastic in the wet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts