Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep looking at the FMX forks and keep thinking how nice they would look in my Dommi. Will they fit or what other forks would be a straight fit into the steering head.

Thanks in advance Ken

·
Registered
66 Posts
no, fmx uses usd forks while dommies use standard forks. you might be able to use the whole fmx front (triple clamps, forks, steering head) and use it on your bike. i know of conversions on fx and slr where the fmx bits are a straight fit. maybe that works on the dommi too...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I know they are upside down forks, Thats what I like about them. I guess it comes to the stage where you have to think well why not change the bike but at the right price it would be a nice conversion.

I did see some sell on ebay for about £87.00 and at that price its worth doing

Ken

·
Registered
395 Posts
in my opinion the FMX forks look nice but they are pretty firm, they don't seem to soak up any bumps at all.

In fact the suspension at both ends seems very mismatched (but thats a different topic)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yes good point. I guess thats the whole idea. Something to think on anyway

Ken
Trouble then is that you have very firm front forks and very soft rear suspension (unless you change the shock as well)

The action of the forks was a bit of a shock actually, seems very cheap...which i suppose they must be. :(

I was expecting much softer and better damped front suspenders. they tend to jar off bumps and provide quite an uncomfortable ride. Of course that makes them rather good when you have the brakes on hard as they don't just collapse.

I would suggest that you get a test ride on an FMX before you do the swap, to make sure they are what you want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts