Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Newly built on 17" 2.5 Gold DID rims with new OEM Discs and bearings H/D stainless spokes laced to high gloss powder coated hubs. used for only 1500 miles and mint.£550 collect from W1W or PE19 post code.(Rear tyre worn, front OK,I'll chuck in a brand new TKC 17"150 for £75 with the sale if interested ?)

Also these other parts, all brand new genuine Honda.
DSC_0067.JPG
DSC_0134.JPG DSC_0164.JPG

Attachments

·
Hill Rider
3,070 Posts
Hi Dude.

Am I right in thinking that the hubs on the Domi are the same as the huBs on the early Alps, as in they both share the same diameter spindles, at around 14mm if memory serves me correctly?

I ask cos I'm going to be looking for a replacement rear rim for my 1998 600 Alp, but if I can get your wheels for that price, it's a win-win situation :eek:

I'd have to check over the offsets of the disc from the hub centers, but after looking over a pile of Dommi parts at an auto jumble a few months ago, I feel certain that the whole rear suspension set up is the same as the Alps.

The front would be a compromise as my Alp has twin discs, but removing one is no hardship :thumbup:.

I'll pm you some measurments later if you wouldn't mind comparing them with your wheels.

Cheers in advance,

Steve T

:cool:

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve,
Briefly - The wheels are in my workshop up North, won't be up there for a fortnight or so ,so unable to do any measurements.
You'd need to fabricate a bush I guess to replace the NX speedo housing which acts as a bush.
I do have a Dommie fully rebuilt calliper and mounting bracket that came unused from one of Backtrackers bikes (in need of some paint)
Lastly, shippng wheels fitted with discs by courier would be a disaster ,which is why I wrote Collect . Up to you though ! ?

They would certainly give the Tranny some fast steering ! (120 front 140 rear at the mo' :thumbup::D

Nick.

·
Hill Rider
3,070 Posts
Thanks for the reply Nick

The 600 Alp has the same speedo pick up as the Domi, so no hassle there. Not got any measurements yet, but When I have them I'll send them to you.

If some one wants the set up before you manage to check any measurments that I come up with, so be it.

As for sending wheels with discs fitted - I fully understand where your coming from, but a 1250 mile round trip would cost more than new discs I think ;)

Cheers again,

Steve T

:cool:

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well folks, Steve and pm'ers. It seems after looking at the price of wheels for sale generally that I've hugely under valued my wheels. Going straight to eBay now . Sorry folks.

Mean to make it clear though that the XRV offer still stands at 550, but I need to give 'em a chance on eBay at a decent price too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Sohoeasy. Bit late to this party but wondering if these wheels are still up for sale?
If not, could you give me any info you have/had on them please?
Mainly, what size rims were they & what size tyres? I'm looking for this exact setup for my SLR & am looking at getting the wheels rebuilt if necessary.
Cheers

Stu

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Sohoeasy. Bit late to this party but wondering if these wheels are still up for sale?
If not, could you give me any info you have/had on them please?
Mainly, what size rims were they & what size tyres? I'm looking for this exact setup for my SLR & am looking at getting the wheels rebuilt if necessary.
Cheers

Stu
Hello mate,
Yes still for sale. They are on eBay but if you want them through XRV then they are still at £550 (ignore the ebay price it's high because I'm in no rush to sell)

Nick

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can you confirm the size please? Rim & tyres?
I’ll confirm tomorrow if that’s ok as out for beer tonight & would probably say yes to anything right now! Cheers Stu

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just PM'd you.
They sound perfect thanks & would save me having to get mine rebuilt to pretty much the same spec.
Cheers

Stu

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi There,

Just wondering if these wheels were still for sale, Have just tried to PM you but not sure if it went

Cheers
Mark

1 - 13 of 13 Posts