Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I know this has probably been asked thousands of time, but I’ve just finished my Dommie build.

I left the carb alone as I knew the bike was running perfect before hand.

i’am now running a Ramair foam filter with no airbox, xl600 heard and a set of crf twin silencers.
The bike starts and tick over perfect.

If I gradually open the throttle the bike revs up tidy, but if crank the throttle open quickly, the bike seems to pop/miss then revs up ok.

hard to describe, but if you’re rolling up to roundabout and then pull off fast it happens.
As far as I know, jetting is standard, any advice on the direction to go in to sort this??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I know this has probably been asked thousands of time, but I’ve just finished my Dommie build.

I left the carb alone as I knew the bike was running perfect before hand.

i’am now running a Ramair foam filter with no airbox, xl600 heard and a set of crf twin silencers.
The bike starts and tick over perfect.

If I gradually open the throttle the bike revs up tidy, but if crank the throttle open quickly, the bike seems to pop/miss then revs up ok.

hard to describe, but if you’re rolling up to roundabout and then pull off fast it happens.
As far as I know, jetting is standard, any advice on the direction to go in to sort this??
Slow running jet #50 155 main jet no air box ram air filter GRP exhaust
Works well for me
Somebody more knowledgeable
Will be along shotly

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks mate.

ive just ordered them, hopefully weather be nice on weekend so I can give it a good run before I take carb apart

1 - 7 of 7 Posts