Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not too sure where to post this, but hey!

Got a cuandry: I was looking at a Dommie, but that has gone, so back to the free-ads. I've had one before and I really liked it. My plan is to buy a trailie style bike for the following:

Commuting
Converting to Super moto
Off-roading

In that order. So, why not an XR? Well, I still want my bike to be real world practical, ie, can travel two up comfortably, can carry luggage when needed etc.

But I got thinking would a TA suit this choice, too? A bit heavier, but more powerful. Supermotos are usually singles, but KTM make a twin and now so do Ducati, so V-twins are not so unusual.

My gut feeling is still hold out for a Dommie, but I'm curious what people think...

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
I'd say TA as well, even though I haven't ever ridden a mile on one. ;-)

The dommie runs out of breath quickly when 2 up, especially if the 2 aren't of fashion-supermodel-weight. ;-)

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
especially if the 2 aren't of fashion-supermodel-weight. ;-)

I can only be described at present as having a 190-55ZR17 wrapped round my middle....

I'm working on it though.....

Worth mentioning though, that I am thinking of keeping the Dommie abroad later, namely Estonia where the speed limit is about 60 on the open road and they are very judiscios hencemy interest in lowering gearing for acceleration rather than top spped and so running out of steam is not such an issue.

For offroading on the TA, would I need to remove all the plastics for when(rather than if) I drop it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts