Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:DWell i went to wales this weekend to do a few trails with J:D:D

What a brilliant time we had.
We started of a bit easy as i had no experience taking my GSA off-road. It was also the first time i took my Heidenaus off-road while J was on racing tourances.

Thats for starters:D:D:D:D

as we have to go out for a pi## aeh a meal now,will post more pics and vids later:D:D

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
We had a brilliant ride, weather was to wet to venture to Strata Florida so we done some Valley bashing. So because we had man size bikes, none of these woosy, DRZ'ERS and KTMers, alpers and Bigger Twiners, we kept things legal and muddy and stoney. :D:D:D

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
We headed up from Machen headed up to Wyllie over the Pit road then down to Penyrheol up then towards Eglwysilan and down for a breaky at Clilfyndd Albion Cafe and we observed how the locals eat and bring their girlies for a slap up, Breakfast. we the headed over Treharris then over Merthyr mountain dodging the fly tippers and poachers.

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
After showing young Pete Tescos at Glyn Neath we headed down to the Knoll Park and up over to Tonmawr, here along with the vistas Pete found a pair of sunglasses and I found a ferking nail in my tyre.
As we dropped down the valley side ways due to the superb traction on the metzler tourance racing slick. we found a bog :D:D
we then headed up past Pontrhydyfen towards Bryn, Having such a big arse I can ride 2 bikes.:D then over to farm down to Maesteg and home.:D

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Buy the way my bike is resting not dropped as GSA's have 3 side stands

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Nice one, those are serious tracks for such big heavy bikes.....esspecially if you have road tyres on!!!! :thumbright::thumbright::thumbright:

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Also i would like to use this opportunity to say thanks to LV for all the help and showing me how to use a big bike off-road
THANKS Mate:thumbup:

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
You dirty boys! :thumbright:

Andy.

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Well done Pete :thumbup::thumbup:
About time you burst your cherry :D:D:thumbup:

Good on yer too Jase, a bit slippery for the tyres ;)

I wanna play -- I wanna play :D:D:D
Nice 1 boys :thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Well done guys, sorry I couldn't make it to show you how a KTM floats over that stuff :D

Well done to the german dude for popping his off-road cherry :hitler:

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
True it was the first time proper off-road.I've been playing a bit in the mud with my old twin but nothing like that.
J gave me a run down of all the places we where going to but to me it just sounded like he tried to clear his throat:D

First up was a easy bit which i enjoyed so much i tried to smuggle a little souvenir home:D

Here is how that happened,i was nearly at the end(last 2-3 m) and thought i made it and stopped concentrating when i hit this rock which was hidden:D
Click on them as they are video clips ;-)

a few more from the easy section

He did tell me it would get "a bit" more difficult later.I told him again to please take it easy as i never used the big thing on anything like that and did not want to brake her.
No worrys.he says,trust me:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Should have gone home then:D

From then on the puddles got deeper,the rocks bigger and the mud:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Not sure why but on the videos above the water does not look as deep and the tracks not as steep as they really where:D:D:D

Oh and i forgot the slippery grass in between

When i told him after 4hours that i now had enough as my legs,arms ,wrist where hurting and my concentration was going,he told me again.
NO WORRYS:rolleyes::rolleyes:
The next track is the last and only a short one:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh and for anyone trying off-roading with a fancy bike,read the instructions first so you know how to switch the ABS and traction control off:rolleyes:
Well the last track started with a steep climb over large rocks.I got stuck after 20-30m or so and since i could not figure out how to switch the traction control off could not get her going again.So i just parked her up and waited for J to come down the hill.I must say that climb over big rocks was beyond my ability so J rode my bike up:(

The last pic is me walking up that #*&% section:(

again it does not look as steep as it was.Once up there J said that the difficult part was now over(Liar) and it was now only 500m or so:rolleyes: till we back on the road

He must have forgotten about the little track with lots of mud and extra difficult "Entertainment stages" at the end

if you look close you might see the 2 logs going across the track.So J parked:cool:his GSA and went to open the gate and then we first manhandled first my bike and then his over the logs.
What fun:rolleyes::D

But Thanks to J i had a absolute blast,i went proper off-road and did not brake my bike.I found my limits but he i got a reason to go back now and improve my riding:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh and a big "Thumbs up":thumbup::thumbup: for the Rugged Roads stuff i got on my bike.
The new heavy duty bashplate is working brilliant and so is the crud catcher:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Look at these pics after our ride

·
2,701 Posts
Really dissapointing ride report Jason, :rolleyes:. . . .

not one picture of Vader rolling about in the mud, :hitler: :D . . . .

must try harder next time. :thumb: :D

ps

Well done boy's. :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Brilliant. And those trails include some pretty serious sections for a big bike, but ESPECIALLY for someone with limited off-road experience. Respect!

Do tell about the Heidenaus! Expensive? Okay on the road? How did they compare with J's Tourances off-road?

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great stuff Pete & J

Do you like the tyres then Pete
Oh yes i do indeed:thumbup::cool::cool:

Brilliant. And those trails include some pretty serious sections for a big bike, but ESPECIALLY for someone with limited off-road experience. Respect!

Do tell about the Heidenaus! Expensive? Okay on the road? How did they compare with J's Tourances off-road?
Well about the Heidi's
The set delievered cost me about£170 or so.In the dry they are brilliant.For some reason they have a bad reputation in the wet.I only had a few days of wet weather running so far and find them ok.
You just got to remember you are on knobblies.So they are a bit more slippery then my tourances where but nothing dramatic.They do NOT like white lines in the wet but i seem to remember i had the same with my TKC'c in the wet on my @.
Cant compare them with J's tyres as his where as bald as his head:D:D

If i get anything between 8-10000 miles out of a rear i will run them all the time:thumbup:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
looks like you had a great time, if i wasnt bloody working i could have brought the 1150steamroller along to flatten the logs for you:grin::grin::grin::grin:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts