Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, gauging interest in my DR 350 (I'm pretty sure its a SEW elec shock only) it just isn't getting used (once a month maybe?) and seems a waste.
It is a tidy and unmolested S reg with under 7K miles on the clock (can dig out all the proper details if folks are interested) I also have a big tank (currently fitted) as well as the original metal one, I have been getting 70mpg and big tank gives over 200miles! I also have a spare seat which I was going to repad and shape etc but never got around to it (both seats are in good condition without rips or holes etc) and a Clymer manual.

I wasn't looking to split and I'm asking £1600
2014-10-02 13.29.21.jpg 2014-11-23 15.02.36.jpg

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
lovely bike very clean I have always fancied one my self it should sell easy enough with such little mileage done good luck with the sale :thumbup:

·
Hill Rider
3,112 Posts
Shack,

Great machine at a good price. Is the DR350 seat height less than the DRZ400? I ask cos I tried a DRZ the other evening and nearly poooped meself as I clambered aboard, such was the height.

Steve T

:cool:

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im only 5'11 and have no probs on this one, mind you when I had DRZ nont remember it being much different, although twas thinner and less comfy over time.
Lack of funds is the perenial problem for a few of us and this is an expensive luxury, only done about 300miles this year.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great buy at this price. I paid 1500 for mine in December in decent nick but it's done 20k. I'm 5ft 8 with a 32 inside leg and can just get both feet flat on the floor...

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I paid £1450 than picked up and added little bits and bobs and happy to let it go for that if new owner didn't want the long range tank/seat etc.

If your planning on getting it muddy with it then the oem tank would suit you better and still does about 100 miles, I liked the idea of getting a bit Mondo and snapped up the acerbis tank locally as they are a bit hard to come by (esp with the proper frame mounts) and silly money new.

More pics available just drop me a pm with your email.

First Reg Nov 98
MoT due 9th December with no advisories on last one (about 500 miles ago)
3 Previous owners (then me)
I've had it since Sept 14

·
Registered
404 Posts
posted this over on adventurebikerider also:

If it's any help ..i live 15 mins away from Andy (shack) and have had a few dealings with him ..bike related. In that time i have the impression he is a a person of integrity who will answer questions with honesty and not mislead you . I also know what he does for a living and a couple of other things which point towards him being an honest decent person. The only negative i can say is that he is an obsessive bike changer !( perhaps positive but blooming expensive !)
HTH someone making a decision from distance
regards
Bill
(51 yrs womble) ..(i make good use of things everday folk leave behind!)

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Bill, very generous comments.
With my sensible hat on I should sell the DR and just upgrade my mountain bike (I seem to recall a conversation with you about that as well, so an excuse to still get out on the lanes and get dirty) too little time, too many hobbies and two children!

·
Shorter member :-)
1,944 Posts
Shack,

Great machine at a good price. Is the DR350 seat height less than the DRZ400? I ask cos I tried a DRZ the other evening and nearly poooped meself as I clambered aboard, such was the height.

Steve T

:cool:
Wimp you would be fine on a DRZ.

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Dr seat hieght 35 "
Drz seat height 36.8" (s/e)

Both according to wiki so take those figures at your own risk.

Extra piccies available plus small wiggle room to help fuel costs.

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All being well it's heading off to Staffordshire!

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes it's off there but Dave seems a nice chap (money now in my account and pick up to be arranged in 2 or 3 weeks), they were asked to source a couple of nice examples to a couple of fellas going around Europe for a few months then they plan to buy them back.
Super easy from my side and money not too far off what I wanted.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts