Honda XRV Forum banner
6K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Cabby 
#1 ·
Hi all, anyone got some useful insights into a DR 650? all day comfort, stiing on a motorway, economy, robust in a drop, quality of finish, all that kind of thing would help.
Thanks

#2 ·
What one, RSE has the electric boot,fairing and twin exhaust. Used mine for commuting a 20 mile round trip. It always needed choke to start but I probably had it set up wrong, in winter it needed a fair amount of cold start, no problem as the air intake is under the seat. Apart from the starting I had no mechanical problems in the 4 years of ownership (from new)
Motorway was uncomfortable for anything over 3 hours being quite a pain, Easily sorted with a conan or seat rebuild.
I changed the sprockets and it took off like **** off a shiny shovel, lost the top end though and it ate tyres and chains in next to no time.
I laid it down a couple of times on the ice once cracking the engine case with the brake lever,easy to prevent and had a mate weld it.
In short an excellent bike true overlander, I'm contemplating getting another for messing about on

#3 ·
It is an RSE, but in Blackpool (bit of a trek from Devon) not sure about the model before, and it will need a bit of work for the next MoT, might factor that in as the Flebay clock ticks down. But you sound quite impressed overall.

#4 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.