Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SOTGATT
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is all that about?!!!!! :mad:

I thought when I was taking it off that it was gonna be a bit awkward refitting.

What a bloody understatement....I gave up and walked away a couple of times.....nearly phoned Bob in Bristol...considered burning the p*xy thing!

Did it in the end but that's got to be the most difficult air filter I've ever done....why?

OR.....am I missing something...:confused:

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Fiddly to get the screw to line up especially if you've got big hands, you get the knack after about 15 years :D

Have you got a foam filter in there? it's worse if you've got K&N type filter.

·
SOTGATT
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Foam Hiflow filter Bob.

I met a bloke at the Ace today who was as big a fan as you.

He has (or had) three.

Told me about taking the seat off and moving that pipe out of the way.

That would have helped a lot.

What do you cleanthe old one with?....I reckon you probably fitted it.

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
That bike had a crappy K&N copy filter in when I got it, I junked it as you cannot beat a foam filter if you're trail-riding.

I use this to clean air-filters.....

IMG_2802.png

but any air-filter cleaner will work. When the filter has dryed out ( i leave mine to dry overnight) put it in a small sandwich bag and pour some air-filter oil onto the filter and massage it in, squeeze out the excess and you're good to go. The sandwich bag saves getting sticky oil all over your hands.

I always have two air-filters, you can then fit the other one (pre-oiled in a bag) while you leave the other one to dry. I change my filter after every other trail ride, that's probably a bit excessive but it's amazing how a dirty filter will sap power and kill your mpg.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is a common problem, but try air filter fitting one more time as you know how to fitting. After well setup if the problem comes again, then you can call for help in your nearest expert mechanic.

Yamaha atv

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
think you must have big hands, a tad fiddly but nae too bad at all, have you got a wife or child you could get to do the screwing in? gloves make it a lot less messy if you have been busy with the oil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts