Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, well I have a deposit for my Bandit in my sticky little hands, and so just seeing if someone has a DR 350 or XT 600e, or similar.
Anyone got one going spare, or know someone who has?
Just so win those seeds :thumbright:

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Shack,

have you seen this one on ebay? not too far from you.

That bike looks very original (not been messed around with) , it's even still got the 'warning' sticker on the inside of the r/h hand guard.

Bob.

SUZUKI DR 350 SEW DUAL SPORT | eBay

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice find a looks a peach (I've just emailed the seller for a peek, a little put off by no feedback, but guess we all start somewhere) I'm due to see one in Axminster this week, has 24k on the clock, apart from usual off road injuries the only DR regular issue is oil starvation- is that about right DR guru's? and any quick checks that doesn't involve removing head?
It will be on my budget but is that mileage putting anyone of if it sounds sweet?

Thanks as ever

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
They eat rear wheel bearings if you do a lot of off-road, check the loom where it goes around the headstock as it can chafe. Yes some do die from oil starvation but that's nearly always down to owner negligence, I change my oil and filter every 1000 miles but that's because it's used mainly for trail-riding otherwise you can extend the frequency.

If it's done 24,000 then listen for noisy cam chain but usually they don't need replacing until approx. 35,000.

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Bob,
I'll happily take your advice as a veteran owner.

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the link, yep I had spotted it, I was kind of put of by the lack of MoT as a few folks say their bikes 'will' sail or fly through, surely for a few quid it would be better to put your money where your mouth is and sell with a new or fat ticket!
I need something ready to hit the ground running as now jobs would mean it will sit in the garage and not get used (any small opportunities would want me using it not cussing it trying to get it up and running.)
Unfortunately I have even less time than I have money!

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2014-10-02 13.29.21.jpg Thanks All, I picked up the ebay one having checked it out in the flesh, so search is over.
Picture taken last Thursday just above Widecombe-in-the -moor

1 - 10 of 10 Posts