Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just awaiting delivery of a 99 AT, I'm planning to fit a chain oiler and have used Scottoiler in the past, which oiler do you guys recommend?

I always felt you were adjusting the scottoiler from filthy everything to no oil!

Thanks in advance

JTP

·
Registered
450 Posts
I use a Lubeman chain oiler,

-it cost 25 pounds.
-It's a manual oiler.
-It takes motor oil or transmission oil (transmission oil is best)

I have mine set up so the oil drops onto the front sprocket. More simple & cleaner.

Here's a photo, not mine but just an example..

Hope this helps

Traveling The World Two Up on a 1989 Africa Twin 650.

>Updates Here:
http://www.instagram.com/Africatwinadventures
http://www.facebook.com/DHealy91

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use an OSCO oiler. It's also a manual one. I lube the chain every time I fill up the tank. When offroading or heavy rain I check the chain more often and use the oiler when needed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am too lazy for manual oilers, I let a pro oiler lubricate my chain. And a second one lubricates my wifes cbfs chain. Once properly fitted and adjusted it's one of the best oilers you can get.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After getting a bargain unused scotoiler on eBay my bike arrives with one fitted.... now to look for heated grips!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I love my scottoiler that came under the seat of a fireblade I bought years ago it sat in my shed for years all I needed was a t piece and a vacuum suppressor from scottoiler and I was away . I fancy heated gloves myself I think Gerbing do them ? you can use them on as many bikes as you like they have rechargeable batteries or can be plugged into the 12v socket whats not expensive . if you sell the bike you still have your hand warmers . the people on the internet who have used both heated grips and heated gloves say gloves are best its a lot easier to fit a power outlet anyway them oxford heated grips are always giving trouble they say . for anybody who wants to keep their bike looking clean cans of chain wax is the way to go because a automatic oiler with get it looking pretty gunky fast Kerosean ( home heating oil ) is magic stuff to clean up the oil off the back end back end of a bike . aft fluid ( that's auto transmission oil ) is exactly like scottoil only way cheaper and red in colour our friend Bounder on hear shared that useful tip :thumb: I am just using up sups of oil I have laying about from machine that are no longer in my care for now and wouldn't be used for anything else .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts