Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm thinking of getting a dry bag to go on the seat in front of a top box, to use for touring instead of panniers. I wonder if anyone can share their experience of using them? I am thinking of the SW Motech dry bag 600.
Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Maybe a little late on the reply - I just used my SW Motech 350 dry bag for it's first proper trip this weekend. I had it mounted as a tail bag and in general I think it was fantastic. I rode 700kms in torrential rain (it was not very fun) and everything in the bag was bone dry. The bag is very hard wearing, so hard wearing that it looks like its rubbed through some of the paint on my rear grab handles where it was secured against.

I did notice that over a few hundred kms on trails that the securing straps seemed to get looser and occasionally needed tightening. It was very quick and easy to remove the bag from the bike and put it back on so I could put it in my tent which was nice.

All in all I think it's a great bag. When compared price wise to the likes of the giant loop (which isn't even waterproof) I think this is a solid choice.

The only reason I went with the 350 is because I thought the 600 would be oversized. I've included a photo and on the back I have a 2 person tent and my sleeping bag. All cooking stuff, roll mat, food etc is in the dry bag. I put my clothes and extra layers in the crash bar bags (which were also very nice but quite fiddly to attach, wouldn't want to be taking them on and off).

Sorry if you've already gone out and bought the bag!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Also worth noting that for my bike the bag is mounted behind my top box mount (hepco boxes. although wasn't using for this trip). I would think that the 600 would restrict my movement to much, in the setup above the bag doesn't take up so much room that I can't move around properly when riding off road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts