Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well ive just bought meself a 70,s DT175, paid too much for it at £200 but the sound and smell won me over . matching frame and engine numbers and the engine frame wheels and the like are all in good nick . Gonna turn it into a tracker with daylight MOT for this years Dirt Quake in june .

so can you tell me what tank this is . Its got two taps and a Britax filler cap

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
i recently sold one of them for a friend

dt2.jpg

·
Registered
942 Posts
i love them old dt175s , i had 4 of the monoshock models in my youth and 2 250s,still got 1 of the 250s and a shed full of bits,its fitted with a it250 shock and a xr250 front end,wont run properly though :(
have got this old tank which im pretty sure came off a twin shock 175,you can have it for next to nothing or hobnobs if your interested
http://

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
not a tiger cub tank as they have a top seam, I think.
Probably off a Villiers powered something FB, James etc

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
You are correct,
I had a bantam cub and remembered it had a seam on the tank, it appears mine had 2 seams looking at pictures so I did not get that right either!
No top seam on 'proper' cubs,.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks like the tank might be from a bsa A10 gold flash or something similar .

Interestingly though I have been delving into these bikes a bit more and Yamaha made a off road version of the DT , I think it was called an RT, looking at my bike , it has no loom and the swingarm has no mounts for the pillion pegs . So I am wondering if it is an RT. Going to have to find someone that could tell me from the chassis and engine number

1 - 15 of 15 Posts