Honda XRV Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
?????? when I tried to add my xr to my main bike policy Bikesure told me that they couldn't do it, I would have to cancel the main policy and start again ( minus lots of admin charges of course )
This what happens:

There are insurers out there who want to insure different groups of rider, types of bikes etc.

It is easier, and therefore cheaper, to insurer single riders on single bikes, preferably with single seats (pillions are expensive).

So if you ring up and say you want the cheapest quote and only on one bike then the insurer that likes to insure that kind of risk makes the cheapest offer.

If you had said then that you anticipated getting another bike, the broker would have known not even to ask that insurer or that insurer would have declined to quote.

It can even be the same with garage discounts. You say you have a bike garaged and an insurer who has assessed the risks for garaged bikes in interested. Move the bike outside the garage and they are no longer interested. They may simply refuse to insure or they will massively hike up the rate because you no longer fit into the risk they have decided to underwrite.

The most flexible policies are with insurers who have larger teams of underwriters, able to look at a whole range of risks and calculate the premium necessary to cover all those possible combinations.

That means even for the basic policy they may be a bit more expensive than the ones who cherry-pick which customers they want to cover.

?????? when I tried to add my xr to my main bike policy Bikesure told me that they couldn't do it, I would have to cancel the main policy and start again ( minus lots of admin charges of course )
H&R (Hanson & Roberts) told me that a few years ago thats why i swapped

Added my GAsgas on to the policy last week, additonal premium £23.85
administration Fee £28.57

Total £52.42

must have been alot of administration seeing it cost more than the insurance!!!!!!!!

Just reinsured the xr with bennets you can increase or decrease your insurance quote if you change the annual mileage or voluntary excess had to up my annual mileage from 3000 a year to 12000 a year because i done 10000 miles last year cost an extra tenna went from £69 to £79:thumbright:

I've jusy insured my new second bike, bikesure came out cheapest :thumbup:

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.