Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey its well documented I have gone through bikes, maybe its because the XR has been so much fun, everything else just doesnt do all the things the XR can... in my eyes. One day its in the woods and over the bogs, next day it can be cutting up city traffic. So as its now my only bike Im trying out some distance stuff on it.
With a 40 rear sprocket and one of these Mitas E07 rear tyres and an ol trailwing on the front its time to see a good days dualsporting being done
Set off to Llandovery to meet up with Cabbage

Had a beautiful run up to Strata on one of Wales finest roads, via Llyne Brianne Res, Strata has to be one of my fav runs

We then moved onto Claerwen area and a road that was just stunning Cabbage turned into the ministry of silly walks

Then onto Claerwen , a great trail that is fast and fun but can bite if you get to cocky

Nice place for a brew.. the Elan Valley visitor centre

We then finished off with a beautiful by way to take us towards Builth where we split and I then had a good run home

All told a 185 mile day on an XR that pulled 70 if needed and didnt burn a drop of oil...... result:grin:
For anyone doing the Big trallie run next week this is something to look forward to a great place to ride:thumbup:

·
2,701 Posts
Great stuff Phil. :thumbright:

Phil, combined weight of you and the XR400 qualifies as a BIG traily. :thumbup: :lol: :rolleyes:

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Nice one Phil
Shame I won't be able to do the big trail ride. :(

I am taking the DRZ out early morning with Dysan should be fun

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Superb day out Phil, really enjoyed it :thumbright:.

Now listen people, these lanes are on next weeks Ride-out on the 22nd, so if you want to have a really fun day out, put your name down in the calendar :p.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hi Phil,what do you think to the Mitas EO7?I have one one the rear of my TA.I have only done a couple of easy byways on it but it seems to cope fine.The profile looks a bit 'square' it feels a bit odd on the road at first but is OK once you get used to it:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Phil,what do you think to the Mitas EO7?I have one one the rear of my TA.I have only done a couple of easy byways on it but it seems to cope fine.The profile looks a bit 'square' it feels a bit odd on the road at first but is OK once you get used to it:thumbup:
Odd..... it feels like a super slick after worn AC10s. I was very impressed with it on the road it worked superbly but it was dry.. so another go in the wet will tell more. On the trail it gave no reason for worry and always felt it was gripping, on Claerwen the speed was between 40 and 50 and not once did it feel out of its comfort. So far so good:D

·
Registered
485 Posts
Cheers Phil,it's the first time I have used tyres that are even vaguely knobbly,that's probably why it feels different.I have not used it in the wet yet so can't say what that's like.
I ride at about 15-20 mph on BOATS but then I am just starting out so I am being pretty careful:D

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Photos great, looks like you had a good time!!!! Keep the photos coming!:thumb::thumbup::thumbright:

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Nice work guys :thumbleft: I was in work all day :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts