Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I thought I would nip up to Loch Ken in the Galloway forest park just to see how long it takes to get there so that I know on the day of the outing that Austin has planned when I will arrive. But like all good plans it went t*ts :rolleyes: up as I decided to have breakfast at the Cafe Royal in Annan, great food, plenty of it, and fairly priced. :thumbright:
After breckie I went for a look along the coastal trail and popped in to Caerlaverock Castle.

Only a picture taken from the car park as being a Scotsman I was not going to pay to get in to the castle, after all, history is just yesterdays news. ;)
Medieval flingy thing that stands in the grounds.

Looking across the river Nith from the Caerlaverock Nature Reserve.

A couple of shots from the Drum viewpoint which is at the bottom of the hill seen in the previous picture.

I then headed out to Dalbeattie and from there to Castle Douglas.
Here is the Tiger having a midday snooze in the shade somewhere between Castle Douglas and Dalry. :)

From there to Moniave along the 702 to Thornhill then through the Forest of Ae, yes, that is spelled correctly.
Loch Ettrick in the Ae forest, not much of a loch I know but still worth a stop.

And the Tiger sunbathing beside the aforementioned loch. :cool:

From there it was up to Moffat, then down by St Mary's loch and home. All in all a nice day out on great roads in scorching weather. :D

Andy.

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Good photos. Im heading up that way in 2 weeks. Have a couple of weeks so going to tour up the West coast. Cant wait.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts

Me likee this one VERY much :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts