Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my bro is visiting with his ktm 525 and his mate with a bmw 650 x challenge, and finally i had someone to go play with in the deep dunes behind town:D
dropped pressure to .9 bar, and of we went! the twin did AWESOME stuck to the lighter toy-bikes like sh#t to a wool blanket! did not get the best of picks, so will have to go back tomorrow for more, but here is the idea.....

she floats like a butterfly!

the 32 degree slipface on the back of a dune. 50m straight up. the lighter bikes did make the top, and on the twin i got two 2m from the peak:thumbup: few more tries and she'll do it, but after three tries and vomiting in my helmet i gave up! next time...

me an me bru....

the lesser spotted namib dune mole! first try...

another sh#t day in africa......to be continued!:teeth:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Nice one Joe :thumbright:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Nice one chaps

·
AfricAddict
65 Posts
Very cool pictures, it seems amazing how much that bike can do (in the right hands :rolleyes:..

Way to go!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not the right hands tserts! its the bloody bike! i am a total novice mate, you just stand up, look ahead and open up!:thumbup: you have to just trust her to get you through. today i took the boys on the hard desert, and again the two high preformance enduro bikes struggled to keep up. my brother and his mate both has years of of-road experience, and the trail we did was much more suited to their bikes, but the twin was right there with them all the way (and the ktm broke down, obviously) i am getting more respect for this honey every day, and my bro is regretting selling it to me now! treat her fair and ride her hard, she loves it!:thumb: ps. a big pair of cajones helps! im experimenting with fertelizer!:teeth:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mitas E09's. been running them all over on all terrain for 4000kms now and happy as a happy thing. low pressure seems to be the key. gonna head back today with proper camera to get some better picks:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts