Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Yokel In Utah
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that DVLA employees give other incompetents a bad name.

I re-registered my AT in the Exeter office on 25th September, and although it took about an hour to be served (hmm, lets have one person working at lunchtime.....), it seemed to go fairly smoothly.

My bike was first registered in NI on 30th June 1999 - I received my tax disc, MOT certificate and number plate authorisation certificate with a 'V' prefix new number.

Hmm, says I, that doesn't look right. Checked online and 'V' prefixes start on 1st September 1999 - I should've had a 'T' prefix. Good job I'm alert - if I'd bought the number plate, changed the insurance etc, I would've been riding illegally with a registration mark that post-dates my first registration date!

I called them up and they admitted their error after I'd explained about dates and how they normally run in a year :rolleyes:. They agreed that they'd send through a new tax disc, MOT and number plate auth certificate, along with an SAE to return the incorrect tax disc.

A few days later I get a new tax disc, MOT certificate and an SAE to return the wrong disc (with a second class stamp affixed to the top left-hand corner of the envelope....) - no number plate auth certificate though.

I thought I'd wait as the log book shouldn't be far behind, even though they'd agreed that a new auth cert would be included.

Today, I get the new V5C - addressed to Mrs Benjamin David Samways! Can anyone tell me how many women there are out there with first names of either Benjamin or David?

Now got to send the V5C back to be changed, so snotty letter written to DVLA Swansea, copied to manager at Exeter, noting all that has happened and questioning the competencies of their staff :rolleyes:

So that's now going to be 2 weeks of VED I've paid for and haven't been able to use - because I've re-registered I don't even know where I stand with regards to my Isle of Man registration, so even though it's a lovely day I'm not going to chance riding the bike in case I'm in the cracks between the two.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
It is your fault, You gave them more than one thing to do at a time and their computer crashed from the work load.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts