Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the forms sent to me a few weeks back about my 10 license renewal i am going to send it off in a few days.

HAs anyone had problems with ANY groups being removed from there licenses when sent back to DVLA.

I have scanned both sides of both parts of my license in case anything is removed

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for help guys it worth knowing i can get my old license back

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
It's a good idea, but what if DVLA actually lose your original licence or claim never to have received it. I would photocopy it, then send it using recorded delivery so you have proof of receipt.

I know two people personally who have lost bike entitlements, that's a lot when you consider I probably only properly know about 30 people who ride bikes.

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
trouble is they wont accept a photocopy as proof of entitlement.

I need to replace my tatty old paper one and I'm tempted to say I've lost it and just pay for a new one, I can then miraculously find the old one as proof if needed

·
Austin's Son
190 Posts
I'd get someone of 'good standing in the community' to sign the photocopies of the license with something like, "this is an exact copy of the original document" signed and dated. This is what I plan to do when I do my driving test.

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
I'd get someone of 'good standing in the community' to sign the photocopies of the license with something like, "this is an exact copy of the original document" signed and dated. This is what I plan to do when I do my driving test.

I doubt that would work either,

one of the West Midlands Police bike techs lost his entitlement when he renewed his licence, even though the police had photo copies on file the DVLA didn't want to know.

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
I was going to suggest something similar, like make a video of you holding the license and so you can clearly see the entitlement. also take you license and you pass certificate to a solicitors to prove you have indeed passed your test and have a valid uk license and for them to sign to say so.

then i read this

I doubt that would work either,

one of the West Midlands Police bike techs lost his entitlement when he renewed his licence, even though the police had photo copies on file the DVLA didn't want to know.
The worlds gone mad...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
2,701 Posts
Send the forms for renewal but keep hold of your licence, and tell them you have misplaced it.

They should have all the details on record.

I beleive you can ask them what details they have on record.

When my son applied to have motorcycle entitlement added to his provisional licence it came back the same (no motorcycle ) i spotted it straight away, telephoned them and they said we must have made a mistake on the form so would have to re apply and pay again. :mad::mad:
I kicked up big style , demanded to speak to the head of department, they then said they would check again, . . . a minute later they had traced the application form and addmitted their mistake, so rectified the mistake.

Apparently the forms and stuff are kept for just a few days before being destroyed. . . . . so check it carefully immediately it returns.

I know 3 people who have had to retake their bike test due to cock ups by dvla.

Also a friend who is an instructor tells me he regularly has people who have had mtorcycle entitlement left off, . . . . usually not noticing until stopped by police for other offences. :eek:

·
Austin's Son
190 Posts
I am quite glad that I still have my pink pass slip as I guess this will also help at claiming the entitlement back if it ever goes missing (touch wood)

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
I am quite glad that I still have my pink pass slip as I guess this will also help at claiming the entitlement back if it ever goes missing (touch wood)
that's lucky, I think that's what they ask for when they screw up.

weren't you supposed to send them that when you applied for your full licences though? that's the problem for most, they ask you for a document you sent them years before and they've now destroyed it.

·
Austin's Son
190 Posts
When I passed my bike test they took my license from me there and then and gave me the pink slip so that I could prove to the police (like they will believe me) that I had passed.

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
To be honest it's all a bit rediculous when you think about it. How can the DVLA turn around to someone and say NO you don't have a valid licence when there is a paper trail to prove that 1) You have owned a bike for `x` ammount of years, registered in your name. 2) Insurance details for `x` ammount of years for said bike(s). 3) MOT details 4) TAX... the list goeas on.

Don't you have to have a valid licence to be able to get insurance? I put my brother on our insurance just the other week (car insurance) and i had to read all the details from the licence. Without insurance you can't TAX a vehicle etc etc etc... So, if you can prove all this does it then not show you have indeed been riding a motorcycle for 20 years or whatever with a licence... does something not then ring a bell with the DVLA and they suddenyl think well he must have a licence otherwise how has he owned, taxed, insured and MOT`d different bikes over the last 20 years.

I think theres a big con going on somewhere to get people to retest or this is how they are trying to cut the number of bikers in the hope that you cant be arsed retesting or simply can't afford it because there seems like there is an endless supply of documentation from numerous things to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you have indeed passed your test.

ok rant over :D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
To be honest it's all a bit rediculous when you think about it. How can the DVLA turn around to someone and say NO you don't have a valid licence when there is a paper trail to prove that 1) You have owned a bike for `x` ammount of years, registered in your name. 2) Insurance details for `x` ammount of years for said bike(s). 3) MOT details 4) TAX... the list goeas on.

Don't you have to have a valid licence to be able to get insurance? I put my brother on our insurance just the other week (car insurance) and i had to read all the details from the licence. Without insurance you can't TAX a vehicle etc etc etc... So, if you can prove all this does it then not show you have indeed been riding a motorcycle for 20 years or whatever with a licence... does something not then ring a bell with the DVLA and they suddenyl think well he must have a licence otherwise how has he owned, taxed, insured and MOT`d different bikes over the last 20 years.

I think theres a big con going on somewhere to get people to retest or this is how they are trying to cut the number of bikers in the hope that you cant be arsed retesting or simply can't afford it because there seems like there is an endless supply of documentation from numerous things to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you have indeed passed your test.

ok rant over :D
You are forgetting that the DVLA are NEVER wrong! How could they possibly be?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Chief Lurker
436 Posts
If you were to lose your original licence and received a duplicate, the numpties at the DVLC can deny they have received your application or (worse still) forget to put your bike entitlement on the renewal, and all you have to do is suddenly find your original to prove you are in the right and they are donkeys!

·
My Blue Beast
756 Posts
getting a bit worried now as my licence is up for renewal in june. this deletion caper has happened to me once already in the past. took my original test in 1982 and in 1994 had to re take the test as they had deleted my bike catergory at some point ( must have been an address change )and insisted on me taking the test again if i wanted it put back on...........which i did ( 4 days of pointless training inc a cbt :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:and test ) oh and £500.00 lighter in me pocket. so what course of action do you all recommend ? very wary this time round, obviously cheers ade.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
The DVLA is a law unto itself. If the Police can't persuade them about their won employees, then what hope for the rest of us. I agree with the suggestions above about seeking a replacement for "lost" licence and using the original as evidence.

Personally even then I'd take it myself to the DVLA office (less than an hour away for me).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts