Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all gonna fit a laser produro and a k>n filter will i have to up jet the carb,or can i just raise the needle one notch

cheers mart

·
Apprentice Mud...wiz
442 Posts
I have a laser silencer but standard filter and never bothered to do anything with the carb. I sent laser an email when I got hold of it and asked them if it was nessessary, they said it would be okay. I do hope they're right...

·
Registered
167 Posts
All modern bikes run lean from the factory, Dynojets work very well to enrich/improve stock inlets/exhausts.
If you are running a straight-through/ unrestricted exhaust or inlet then they are a good starting point.
Dynomemeter runs work well, if you live at near enough sea level. Plug chops are easy and reliable for "local" carburation.
I live 580metres above sea level... what's right for here doesn't work 17kms away down on the coast.

Life's a bitch then you die :(, sorry, too late for fully sensible answers.. :)

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
That completely depends.

If the K&N is a drop-in replacement for the regular filter and the ProDuro is the streetlegal (baffled, not-loud) version, then you'll be ok and things won't really change.

(Though that doesn't mean it's not a good idea to have a go at a dynamometer to get it really sorted out.)

If the K&N is a pod-type to replace the airbox, and/or the ProDuro is the loud (straight through) version, then you'll probably need bigger jets. How big? That's for you to find out, nobody can really tell you because the circumstances are all different.

And just to make things really interesting, the needle on the dommie carb can't be adjusted other than raising it by putting a washer underneath.

Good luck. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts