Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
E Bike site has been down for a week now with only a phone number shown.
Replies on ABR suggest the site has been hacked.
My bikes still register as insured on the MID site( http://ownvehicle.askmid.com/ ) so I assume they still operating.
A few bits of the E insurance empire appear to be more alive online than the bike part.
Any info?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They have changed the message display today to look more like it belongs to a website not just the message with no logo that has been displayed over the last week.
Fingers crossed!

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I suspect it's a deliberate attack by lefties after the boss and founder gave money to UKIP:D

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
don't expect Tory individuals were over keen on his actions either!
And the hacking appears to be have been thoroughly done, which suggests Tory efficiency and finance rather than an amateur lefty effort.;)

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
And still down..... !

Over 2 weeks, which makes you wonder at the level of backup....

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Some of the other parts of e-insurance (cars) are up, tried some of their other 01454.. numbers they all said they were premium lines @ £1/min is that correct can ordinary numbers be converted into premium numbers?
They would not accept emails I just had an auto response telling me to use the number displayed on the website, When I used that it told me to use the premium number!
I assume they find the premium number is generating enough income so no rush to fix the site.
Looks like I will not be renewing with them although up to now I had little problem with them. Only used the recovery service that worked better than my experience with the RAC, never had to claim-yet.

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
I never used the premium lines, just go to Saynoto0870...

eBike is 01454 634501, when you get through, you get the warning that it is a premium number, but you are only charged at normal rates :) I had a 25min call to them that cost me 20p ;-)

I will not be renewing either...

·
Administrator
1,764 Posts
If they're so interested in promoting these nasty "premium" lines .... which sounds like an out-and-out scam to me .... I'd be more than a little worried that their Insurance business is now only a scaffold to support the phone nonsense, and would be about as effective as the proverbial choccy teapot if an insurance claim was made.
Or would someone from E-bike like to explain why I'm mistaken in my surmising, and attempt to justify their stinging the "punter" in this way ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts