Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
yes - I bought them at Hein G's off recommendation and they are excellent.

To start with you dont realize they work as you can still hear sounds like cars coming up on you etc but once youve done a long journey with them and then return without, you realise that they where working on the first leg.

The coloured bit increases the amount of surrounding noise they cancel out so you can adjust for your useage - ive never changed from the yellow and they block a lot of the wind and engine noise/drumming out.

They fit pretty easily though it takes a wee bit of getting used to - they are like the in-ear earphone sets in design. Push in using the fitting tube, pull the tube back out with a twist and the mushroom shape opens out to secure it and seal your ear. I do suffer a wee bit of ear-ache after prolonged use though but thats more to do with the helmet as my old one had the ear pads edge running right along my ear-hole where the plug stuck out so it rubbed too tightly against my ear. That was a Nolan n43 though my Arai isnt great either but better - new Nolan on its way fits much better...other helmets have better ear pad fittings than Arai and the old Nolans.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I have a set of the Alpine plugs.
I find them excellent although my Ultimate ear Monitors are better, they do cost a lot more.

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
I've also used them (from HG) work okay, useful zip holder(get a bit fluffy if they role around your pocket), but watch out if you keep it on your keys as I've had a couple go, and they risk bouncing down the road;)
Have moved over to an MP3 player to be honest now:cool: with some decent jelly plus (or are they marshmallow?)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts