Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Would be nice but a hell of a load of money to spend on an XR. I would now love e start as my back is playin up along with my mashed knee and think its only going to get worse. Kick start is fine and easy but after a day out it becomes a chore I could do without. I am considering a bike review:D

·
Snotty lane fan!
160 Posts
Yes tis I and have sold Super 'Thugsley' only because I have another that just needs a solenoid and battery and I needed the dosh to get the XR200R that was on E-Bay too and am well chuffed, what a super little bike! Sold my TTr too and as have moved to a house without a garage so was the only sensible outcome :confused:

The TRX is definately the way to go but first you must find an engine, I was fortunate and found one easily but have looked for another 2 years and not seen another. When I finish 'Thugsley II' I may strip the engine and fit the kick start from my busted XR engine so it's dual start although with the modern LIFePo batteries I'm using I don't really see the point, even the old SLA battery I used never let me down.

There's no real problem to the mod other than you'll have to use an after market CDi as the XR one wont fire as the low revs from the starter motor aren't enough to make it fire. If you change the head cover to one with a decompressor on it it may spin fast enough, or of course get a TRX CDi?
Not sure if the cam is different but the XR carb works fine on the engine so no changes there and the thing pulls like a train.

Easy peasy, keep your eye out for an engine!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts