Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as it says some people are working some are off. I'm working all of it i'd rather get the overtime for working it and then take the time off when i want it and not when i'm forced too. If i haven't got anything planned to do then it's just a waste of holiday days

Alot of people are complaining about it but not doing anything about it. So my question really is, why does this country only seem to become deeply religious so they can get time off work, times like easter bank holidays and Xmas hoildays?

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
I'd happily work bank holidays most of the time but I've a dispute with my employer over overtime rates on bank holidays, so if they won't pay me what I'm due I'll be beggered if I'm going to work for them.

besides, this time I could do with the break so I'll make the best of a few days off.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Even though our company is cutting the overtime multiplier, I am working easter. I get the days added to my Holiday entitlement and use them as I want. I do get Christmas off due to no buses running but I would work those as well if they were there.

·
chicken chaser
1,554 Posts
working fri/sat and monday
short staffed so i'm covering for the weekend

:(

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
self employed would like the work but as everybody else is off then we have to be:rolleyes:

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
Off work for a change and bored rigid.:rolleyes::D:D.

May head to Jellies or anywhere to stop me bingeing on choccy.:thumbright::D:D.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Off work for a change and bored rigid.:rolleyes::D:D.

May head to Jellies or anywhere to stop me bingeing on choccy.:thumbright::D:D.
could be worse im demolishing a bucket of Hargendass strawberry cheescake at the mo:D

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
they couldnt afford to have me in at the weekend as well.........:D:D:D:D

off friday taking the super tenere in to sort the clutch gasket as after the 3rd gasket its still fu**ing leaking oil, in the afternoon I've got an Insitute of Advanced motorcycle ride out ready for my test (BobA stop laughing).
Friday night off to the cinema to see Clash of the titans in 3D

Sat got to drive to Romsey nr Southampton to get Jen's smart car serviced and get the ABS light reset, drop off the XRV wheels to Datsun Fan.

Sunday I may have to go to bluewater or Thurock

Monday off to Brands Hatch BSB

·
Registered
894 Posts
Off Tin tenting in the Beacons all weekend :toothy2::toothy2::toothy2:

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Got Easter off, my units accountant kindly informed my boss that I was one of the most expensive nurses to pay weekend and bank holiday rates to. I was promptly told that I'm no longer allowed to work weekends

I love my accountant, I'm going to send her an Easter egg to say thanks

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
working friday saturday sunday and monday. oh the joy of being on a weekend rota.
mind you looking at the weather forecast i think i'd rather be at work:confused::confused:

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
I work all week ends from 1st April untill 1st November.:(

actually this will be the first year in...15Yrs! that I'm not going to work any sundays. Saturday is a departure day so I can't get out of that one. Bank holidays are always big days for us so we just work them & get the days back at Christmas.
I'm planning to leave from work sat evening a ride down to parents in laws for sunday cos wifey & kids have gone down there for the long week end, but the weather looks crap so we'll see...

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Well I live in Scotland and work in England and this weekend England get two days off and Scotland only one.

So... Fo this weekend I'm working to English hours :blob:

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
in 15 mins I shall be finished till Tuesday......:toothy1:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts