Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried those cheap brake discs you can get these days?
Nasty rubbish or worth a punt?
Comments from people who actually know please, count the Chinese parts on your jap, beemer or triumph bikes before coming out with "its Chinese so it must be crap"

·
Registered
361 Posts
I don't think it would be worth the risk, give Nick an call at all bike engineering 0772332065, I've used them for years for brake discs on my AT and my 950 KTM

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
I've just got a chinese 320mm DRZ disc + adapter on the front end I plan to stick into the GS. Other than having to file the adapter out a bit the disc seems straight enough, but it hasn't had a proper test yet.

It's not necessarily crap, everything is made in China. It's the quality control that gets you, though. ;-)

You might have a look at the ebay seller MX-TEC (also mx-tec.eu). He's German but speaks English, and does good stuff as far as I've seen. I've had 2 custom floating 320mm brake discs for the GS made by him and they've been very high quality. If it's not online, ask. He can do more than he has in his shop...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I put cheap front discs on my AT (Kyoto?) a few months ago. The stopping power was fine but I got through a set of pads in under 2000 miles.

Next time I'll go with Honda parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts