Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
bike nut
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I unfortunately bought a EBC rear disc for my Varadero 1000 about 2 years ago, it was an emergency and that's all they had stocked in my local

Now I know this isn't a news to most people but its terrible!

Leave the bike out for a day or two in the rain and the EBC disc turns all rusty and horrible looking, while the original Honda ones up front stay immaculate!

Hopefully this thread will boost up search results as EBC are rubbish and i don't want anyone else having the misfortune!

New Honda disc and Nissin pads on order!

And for Google - EBC DISC RUBBISH POOR QUALITY RUSTY TERRIBLE XL1000 REAR XL1000V VARADERO BRAKE

that is all.....

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
You could always stop the rust with a squirt of wd40 :D
i've got an EBC front disc on my Gasgas and I dont have any issues with it at the moment, guess its been on there 6 mths now

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
i tried 2 sets...6month ok, 1year & it starts flaking off in chunks. Have some kyoto wavey discs on at the mo'. Been outside since march, ridden daily come rain or shine, granted it's been a dry summer but all good so far. EBC, SORRY BUT YOUR NAME'S NOT ON THE LIST!!!

·
Stone Crazy
5,307 Posts
I have a Kyoto disc from Wemoto on my Vigor , it rusts as well , works well enough though , they made a mistake and put it on fleabay years ago with a starting proce of £9.99 , i dunno if they had someone primed up to push the price up if the bids where to low , but i sniped it a 5 seconds to go and won it , I notice after thatn they started listing things at a more realistic start price

1 - 7 of 7 Posts