Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have I mentioned I am going to Morocco in October?? maybe only a fw times, anyway dug out my ebike policy to check what I needed to do about green cards and find the wording:

" In compliance with European Union (EU) directives the insurance provided by this policy will allow the minimum cover required
to use Your Motorcycle in:​
  • Any country which is a member of the European Union

[*]
    Any country which the Commission of the EU is satisfied has made arrangements to meet the requirements of Article 7.2 of the EU directive of Civil Liabilities arising from the use of Motor Vehicles. "
The first bullet point is fine, I am covered for Spain, but has anyone got a clue if the second bullet point means I am covered for Morocco. I have emailed ebike but no answer yet (48 hours and counting) and have stayed on hold on their crappy help line for about 20minutes twice before giving up. I have also scoured the net - I have found the relevant directive but no commissioner decisons.

If I am not covered any ideas on where to buy insurance specifically for use in Morocco? I suppose I could buy border insurance but I assume that only gives very basic cover.

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts
Have I mentioned I am going to Morocco in October?? maybe only a fw times, anyway dug out my ebike policy to check what I needed to do about green cards and find the wording:

" In compliance with European Union (EU) directives the insurance provided by this policy will allow the minimum cover required
to use Your Motorcycle in:​
  • Any country which is a member of the European Union

[*]
    Any country which the Commission of the EU is satisfied has made arrangements to meet the requirements of Article 7.2 of the EU directive of Civil Liabilities arising from the use of Motor Vehicles. "
The first bullet point is fine, I am covered for Spain, but has anyone got a clue if the second bullet point means I am covered for Morocco. I have emailed ebike but no answer yet (48 hours and counting) and have stayed on hold on their crappy help line for about 20minutes twice before giving up. I have also scoured the net - I have found the relevant directive but no commissioner decisons.

If I am not covered any ideas on where to buy insurance specifically for use in Morocco? I suppose I could buy border insurance but I assume that only gives very basic cover.

I bought border insurance for my trip around Morocco, as far as I remember it was very cheap and I think was TPF&T equivalent, though at 2am after being held up at the border for 3 hours I would've signed anything to get in!

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
You probably bought a wife and 3 camels without realizing
PHAAAAAAAh TPFT,just watch out next time you go to marocco you extendet family will be waiting at the border for you wanting to go back with you to "sunny" england:D :D :D :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts