Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just renewed my policy with Ebike, so far very good. £379 fully comp for my o4 Hayabusa, my 04 sv650, my 05 ktm and my 54 transalp. last year with carole nash i paid £440, this year they quoted £571. Ebike actually give discounts for crash bungs / bars and race cans and full race systems werent a problem! norwich union (in india) quoted £700+ for standard bikes but wouldnt touch "modified" bikes. i can see a lot of companies losing customers to ebike!

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
so thats £379 for all them bikes fully comp :shock: im with carol nash at the moment ,the policy runs out in feb ,they coud be infor a hiding to nothing with you being given quotes like that :D its all the more amazing considering you have the quantumhayaheadbutthehorizonbusa in that as well :lol: :lol:

·
17,680 Posts
McVicar said:
I'm with e-bike. 2004 Varadero. 6 points on licence. Fully comp £ 125.
wow :shock:

·
Senior Consulting Member
1,982 Posts
Chad said:
McVicar said:
I'm with e-bike. 2004 Varadero. 6 points on licence. Fully comp £ 125.
wow :shock:
Don't get carried away Chad, McVicar's a man of the cloth (or at least he has the pulpit for it) :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
:laughing3: :mrgreen:

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
I insured both my Africa Twin and Yamaha Tenere for £180 TFT with Yamaha :shock: Honda charged me £170 just for 3rd party alone :roll:

·
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chad said:
so thats £379 for all them bikes fully comp :shock: im with carol nash at the moment ,the policy runs out in feb ,they coud be infor a hiding to nothing with you being given quotes like that :D its all the more amazing considering you have the quantumhayaheadbutthehorizonbusa in that as well :lol: :lol:

yes bit what makes it even better is that my busa has upgraded suspension, dymag wheels, front and rear braking wavey discs with carbon fibre rotors, goodridge hoses, crash bungs,carbon fibre hugger and mudguard, deristricted, power commander,filter, carbon akrapovic race cans, an iridium double bubble screen, digi gear indicator, harris rearsets and they just said not a problem!!! :shock: ( and the sv's not far off the same spec!)

·
17,680 Posts
when i get down to hastings ive got to see these bikes , dude you must have ice running through your veins :shock: :lol:
did you forget to list the parachute to help you stop :lol: :lol:

G

·
Thinking of the old adage " Anything that seems too good to be true usually is " Has anyone had to claim from E-bike yet,and if so how were they.

·
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yep, i was very sceptical untill two of the guys on the sv650 forum i go on had claims with Ebike, and both were settled without a problem! :D :D

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,040 Posts
I pay £75 Third party fire and theft which includes No Claims protection (up to two claims) and riding other bikes (any size) that don't belong to me (3rd party only). I'm with Master Quote. Excess is compulsory £200, voluntary nil.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Just got my renewal from Norwich Union for @ and two other bikes £430. Full comp.

E bike quoted £202
Tried Yens Master Quote that was £320

So looks like it`s E bike for me :D

Bill

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
I am with e-bike as well and last friday had a puncture(first one ever,ever)
case i have fully comp with E it comes with road side assistance. Just had to wait 45 min and the recovery van was there.Took me to brands where i had my tyre fixed.
When i phoned they where really helpful never mind i just joined a month ago

so far so good :thumbright: :thumbright:

·
2,495 Posts
I can only say that for the first time ever well impressed with an insurance company. Insured my sidecar outfit which took the best of 10 minutes on line if that TPFT -> £53 which includes European breakdown cover for the year :shock: Documents arrived the following day which is even more impressive 8)

MY @ insurance runs out in September and will definitely at these rates and service add it to Ebike :thumbleft:

·
Huh?
2,328 Posts
Maverick said:
I can only say that for the first time ever well impressed with an insurance company. Insured my sidecar outfit which took the best of 10 minutes on line if that TPFT -> £53 which includes European breakdown cover for the year :shock: Documents arrived the following day which is even more impressive 8)

MY @ insurance runs out in September and will definitely at these rates and service add it to Ebike :thumbleft:
Now that is a gamble, breakdown insurance for your outfit!! :D :shock:

Cheers
-Simon

·
2,495 Posts
Slimie said:
Now that is a gamble, breakdown insurance for your outfit!! :D :shock:

Cheers
-Simon
Well with my history of roadside repairs on previous bikes it's actually insurance :lol:

·
God Botherer
68 Posts
ebike insurance

Just bought insurance from ebike yesterday, £184 full comp. 4 quid cheaper than carole nash with protected no claims and helmet an leathers cover as well. Too good to refuse.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts