Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to get on to the eBike site over the past day or so and although the front page comes up ok, as soon as I try the Login page, the following comes up:

The client area is currently undergoing essential maintenance. We apologise for this inconvenience, we will be up and running soon. If you do have an urgent query our team would be happy to help you, please call 0333 222 4560. Lines are open from 9am - 6pm Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays and 9am - 7pm on Saturday. Calls are charged at local rate plus network extras; calls from mobiles and other networks may cost more.

Can I face their "help" lines again...? :mad: At least they have been forced to drop their premium price numbers, although I suspect the good work in various forums last year to highlight the workaround number will have helped ;-)

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Just renewed my Insurance with them on the phone i asked about the on line problem and they said they had issues with security on the login page and they are currently Updating it and has been down for months,
The phone number i contacted them on is 0333 222 4560 its not the £1 a minute line. :thumbup:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I re-insured with them mid January. The site has been down site early December 2014 !
I vented my frustration to the person on the end of the phone and I eventually got through to the Bike dept manager, nice young lady and very helpful. I complained to her in a restrained manner........received a £50 cheque for the inconvenience !

Not a bad result in my book :D

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same here, cannot believe their site has been down for so long. Must be something else going on
Yep, notwithstanding the new low price phone call to eBike, and the willingness to reimburse some premium because of the "hassle", it does question just the hell is going on. I was under the impression the site was back and working around the turn of the year, but obviously not! I do not believ that the original excuse of a DDoS or Hacking stands up and if it was true, WTF is their IT dept doing...?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I re-insured with them mid January. The site has been down site early December 2014 !
I vented my frustration to the person on the end of the phone and I eventually got through to the Bike dept manager, nice young lady and very helpful. I complained to her in a restrained manner........received a £50 cheque for the inconvenience !

Not a bad result in my book :D
Why the hell didn't i think of that good result :thumbup: got to agree with SteveR though it does seem a bloody long time to set up a secure log in page :confused:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Phone numbers don't seem to work, not tried £1 a minute line, have traded in the TA for a new Vstrom to be collected saturday, getting worried I wont have a cover note, may have to set up a new policy with someone else, but does that mean I will have not NCB to transfer?
Worrying.

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Phone numbers don't seem to work, not tried £1 a minute line, have traded in the TA for a new Vstrom to be collected Saturday, getting worried I wont have a cover note, may have to set up a new policy with someone else, but does that mean I will have not NCB to transfer?
Worrying.
Yep, not good. I will be doing the same in a few weeks, renewal is while I am away in Spain.. :-( The basic number at network rate will be here somewhere...

eBike have a reputation for being bad sods to get the NCB paperwork from I believe, which is also a worry. Hopefully, there will some indication of your NCB on the renewal documents which you can use, even if you do not take their offer of a Policy...

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
01454 634501 AND 01454 634810 are eBike helpdesk numbers, also 01454 634808 is renewals line.

I have used the first number last year on several occasion to avoid the rip off fee.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
They have never come properly online since the first crash had to do all recent changes via the phone, have normally used the o1454-- number that was on one of their car pages. Have to reinsure next month hence http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/insurance/87801-multibike-insurance.html no one appears to do an online multibike policy where you can check online what affect a change of bike will do to the premium they all need phone calls to an advisor.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Got through to them!!

Very helpful young lady made the changes to my policy, and promised to e-mail out the new certificate, as i need to give the certificate to the dealer to register a new bike.

aahh!!!!

just an email confirming change, and directing me to the website to view and print the new documents!!!!!!

on hold again.................................

·
Registered
75 Posts
Got through again, nice young man promised to e-mail the certificate asap.

waiting............................

whats more, my new bike did not arrive at the dealers today, A55 closed all day, major traffic mayhem.

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got through again, nice young man promised to e-mail the certificate asap.

waiting............................

whats more, my new bike did not arrive at the dealers today, A55 closed all day, major traffic mayhem.

Heard about the A55 chaos, not good...

Good luck getting an email fella, you need your new toy asap to allow you to destress! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts