Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
God Botherer
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those 'lovely' people at eBike have just cancelled my insurance saying i did not send proof of my no claims discount. They state they sent me a reminder letter.

Two main points:

1. My previous insurance was with eBike
2. When questioned they said the letter was returned undelivered by Royal Mail.

All i get is terms and conditions quoted at me.

They say i must return my docs to get a refund LESS £75 admin fee! So i am £75 worse off due to their screw up.

Just a heads up, consider this when your renewals due, i will NEVER use them again.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Sorry to hear mate, but I've been with ebike for a few yrs now, all three bikes insured with them, also Fiona's been with them a couple of years too and not a problem.
It is your choice not to use them but surely an admin error like this, which appears to be on their part, should be easily cleared up?
Most of the companies are the same now, I've heard the same horror stories about Bennetts and Carol Nash.
Best of luck to you mate.

·
God Botherer
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You think so but i have complained formally and still getting fobbed off. Only good side is they were charging me £215 and i have got it for £95 now through Motorcycle direct so even if they keep the £75 i am better off. Theres always a silver lining praise God!

·
Adventure Biker Trainee
29 Posts
I'm in the process of taking out insurance with Ebike & i notice European Cover is included within my policy, can anyone give any feedback on past experiences dealing with the company from abroad?

·
Stone Crazy
5,300 Posts
WHEALIE !!! where are you , try a pm to whealie mate

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
+1 whealie will kick some upjumped insurance managers butt :D

·
Registered
466 Posts
I used ebike and ecarinsurance for years and had the same hassle every year telling them that my previous insurance was with them so they had my no claims. Regarding European cover, it's third party only and European law states that your standard cover with any insurance will cover you third party in Europe. I found this out a couple of years ago and now I go with the cheapest insurance I can get which currently is with the AA

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I used ebike and ecarinsurance for years and had the same hassle every year telling them that my previous insurance was with them so they had my no claims. Regarding European cover, it's third party only and European law states that your standard cover with any insurance will cover you third party in Europe. I found this out a couple of years ago and now I go with the cheapest insurance I can get which currently is with the AA
Well, that's a load of tosh, I've been with ebike for years, the cover is fully comp whether in UK or Europe, also the cover is 365 days a year, Euro and fully comp, if you want to check you'll find the info here; eBike Insurance - Help Desk & FAQ
The same can't be said for Bennetts, who only give you 90 days cover per yr. Info here; http://www.bennetts.co.uk/motorbike-insurance/

·
Stone Crazy
5,300 Posts
I was told unless you have a green card you are only covered 3rd party, and i used to drive in europe for a living, whether this is all insurance companys or just some but we always carried the green cards in the trucks

·
Registered
466 Posts
The wife got rear ended and ecar's answer was for us to pay to get it fixed and then they will try and get the money back from the other party.
If it was fully comp they would have just given us the money either way.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Did someone call?:D

Let me have the details and I'll call them up. Sounds like a cock up but the whole company has been coming down very hard on fraud. This sounds though like their fault if their own letter got sent back to them.

·
Adventure Biker Trainee
29 Posts
Well ebike are a strange mob indeed, recently (Nov 13) I recieved an email stating their underwriters were unable renew my XR policy & its the first time i've not been offered renewable quote.At least I did manage to get my proof of NCB from them thankfully which was peace of mind but after years of previously dealing with car insurance policies I was rather disappointed. After a little research I managed to get a new policy within a reasonable cost.

·
Midlife pah done that
1,107 Posts
Well from my personal experience with ebike,wouldn't go near them. Bunch of rip off artists who will give you a cheap quote then come after you later,even when the policy had long expired asking for more money. But thats just my personal experience.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
No problems for 2 years and by far the cheapest for my extensively modified AT. The online system even handled all the mods without shitting itself which made a change from other companies websites.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts