Discussion Starter #21
Re: Electrical charging issue - Help needed by novice in Guildford

Just a bit frustrated I am not able to assist him in a hands on capacity . :(

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

While the fiinned R/R Honda upgraded most or their bikes was a wise move from the self-cooking earlier unfinned versions - a mosfet is still one more step above that.

I've got a slightly larger MOSFET R/R than OEM lined up to go on my 650TA but I'm struggling to find the space in the orginal slot.
Love the part number... :rolleyes:

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

An update:

Anive (the former Owner) was working in London over the weekend and went down to Guildford to see Sam at his Uni house and carry out some hand holding and test the leccies.

After much head scratching, and strange intermittent outputs from the Alternator being found, Anive remembered my saying that the Connector from the stator needed checking... Turns out that in spite of my repeated explanations that it was on the other side of the bike to the Rectifier, Sam had misunderstood and was convinced I meant teh rectifier connection. Anive accessed the connector and found that it was indeed in a poor state and he chopped it out, made a twist wire and solder connection and Phil's yer Uncle!! :)

Charge around 14v to the battery:blob5: Transalp happy again. Regrettably his dear Mama had already thrown the replacement battery No.1 and the rectifier away :-( An expensive learning experience for the young man, but we all do this in learning what makes a bike tick... and keep ticking!!

Thanks all for the advice and guidance.

·
Registered
7,685 Posts

Brill news Steve, lets hope Sam & the Transalp have many happy, trouble free miles ahead of them.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

21 - 25 of 25 Posts