Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya

Firstly notice I am not saying that the electrics go if the engine breaks. I can understand that.

What is happening which I can't understand it is when travelling at some speed and then coming off the gas to let the engine brake the bike, I intermittently lost my electrics (everything went black and I mean everything as it was night :shock: ) or my indicators did a disco strobe effect. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what could be the cause?

DaveS - this is why I couldn't keep right up with you guys last night coming back from Poole. Things got very hairy indeed at some corners at the bottom of hills where I powered off before entering them and promptly s**t myself whilst it all went pitch black around me.

Thanks for any thoughts.
e

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
When that happened to me before it was the battery connection the earth one that was loose.

You should have flashed or something and then I would have dropped back to behind you. I was keeping an eye out for you though. You wouldn't have been left on your own.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DaveS said:
You should have flashed .
I did. But it was dark and nobody could see me bits. :D

Seriously though, thanks for that. I was sure you'd notice if I wasn't behind you at some point so I wasn't worried (other than about not seeing the through the curves).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts