Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for a xr650r and have come across what the owner is calling a "RAW" bike having no key, battery, indicators etc...
what i want to know is how easy is it to add these things on? Is the wiring loom already there? what about adding an electric starter?

I'm new to the world of trial bike, well i had a ts50 when i was 16 but since then it has all been plastic rockets.

Still hunting for xr650r!!!

·
Red Blooded Biker
922 Posts
http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/xr-tec...650r-technical-specifications.html#post470475

As you will see from the link the XR650R didn't come with any of the bits that you specify. As far as my bumff from the USA dirt bike mags say, the bike was designed for desert racing. It has been found to be a little bit heavy for green laning in the UK & some have even raced them in enduros. But when the KTM 525 EXC RFS is lighter, comes with indicators & an electric start & is just as powerful, you can understand why the KTM is more popular (I have a 450 version KTM).

·
Registered
28 Posts
my xr has all the wiring, including indicators. my mates dosent. if its the american model it would need a lot to bring it up to scratch (electrical). you would need new stator for a kick off(lots of money). just check it is a european model or australian one before you buy.
my mates got a ktm and its like riding a wardrobe and no where near as much power as the xr, just my opinion.................:hitler:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for that, i check it out as soon as i find one. there quite hard to locate. as for the KTM i'm told they are highly strung diva's, i can do without that as i have 3 daughters already...
search continues.

·
Red Blooded Biker
922 Posts
Keep an eye on this site... http://enduronews.co.uk/

As far as KTMs being highly strung, Patsy Quick rode a 525 in the Dakar the other year...& finished...the only time that she did so without any problems. In the past she'd ridden using the LC4 engined KTM, but after having damaged her spleen in an off in the desert, she opted for the lighter 525 RFS on the following years race.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts