Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went into a big honda shop down in Chiswick.....won't mention the name of the shop and looked up this Varadero (this was many years ago...) I put my I-know-everything'bout-bikes look on my face :cool: and I said to the sales person.....

"...tell you what mate, it looked much bigger in the photos on MCN...."

he looked at me and replyed "...yes Sir but don't forget you are looking at the 125cc version of the Varadero there..."

I left......:p

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
One I'll never forget
In a SuperBike shop a salesperson shouted from one end of the shop to the the boss's office

"Oi Graham, how many cylinders has the African Twin got"
a common problem is thinking it only has two plugs though.

·
I will wash it I promise!
2,022 Posts
One I'll never forget
In a SuperBike shop a salesperson shouted from one end of the shop to the the boss's office

"Oi Graham, how many cylinders has the African Twin got"
please tell me either you or the boss shouted back

"welcome to the forum . . ...... someone will be along with an answer in a minute !"

:D:rolleyes:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
please tell me either you or the boss shouted back

"welcome to the forum . . ...... someone will be along with an answer in a minute !"

:D:rolleyes:
Class:D

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
a common problem is thinking it only has two plugs though.
yup, lancaster honda handed me two plugs for the TA and then looked at me like I was stupid when I said I needed 4. He sold me them still thinking I was daft. I just hope he went and checked it out and then realised who was the arse.

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
yup, lancaster honda handed me two plugs for the TA and then looked at me like I was stupid when I said I needed 4. He sold me them still thinking I was daft. I just hope he went and checked it out and then realised who was the arse.

few years ago, had a service done on an XJ650 ( shaft drive) & the bloke looked a bit sheepish when I suggested that I wasn't happy about paying item n°4 on the bill...

"controle, grease & adjust final drive chain tension ---0.25h @ 38€/h..."

as for me I don't get embarassed, I have no shame...:thumbup:

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
few years ago, had a service done on an XJ650 ( shaft drive) & the bloke looked a bit sheepish when I suggested that I wasn't happy about paying item n°4 on the bill...

"controle, grease & adjust final drive chain tension ---0.25h @ 38€/h..."

as for me I don't get embarassed, I have no shame...:thumbup:
I had a simmilar item on a bill from a Landrover Dealer when my (then) company Freelander was in for a service.

Me - Whats this Aircon recharge all about then
Him- Oh Sir , thats when we replenish the gas in you airconn system.
Me - Is that a big job then ??
Him - Fairly big , yes , but you WILL notice the difference
Me - I phuckin doubt it !!
Him - Why ?
Me - Because it does not have phuckin airconn fitted !!!!

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Went into a big honda shop down in Chiswick.....won't mention the name of the shop and looked up this Varadero (this was many years ago...) I put my I-know-everything'bout-bikes look on my face :cool: and I said to the sales person.....

"...tell you what mate, it looked much bigger in the photos on MCN...."

he looked at me and replyed "...yes Sir but don't forget you are looking at the 125cc version of the Varadero there..."

I left......:p
Brilliant! :thumbleft:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts