Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had a drive up to Wigan and sealed the deal to part exchange my 700 Transalp for a nice and shiny, nearly new 650 V Strom. Ive had the Alp for nigh on 5 years and have loved every minute of my time with it. However over the last few months Ive been thinking that its maybe time to let the old girl go. At my age I should think the Suzukl may well be my last bike after riding for over 50 years. No regrets and Ive had joy from just about every bike Ive ever owned but the Alp definitely holds a special place in my memories. The final ride on it will be the 130 miles to the dealers next Friday. At least Im keeping to the vee format of engine.

Nick.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yeah got fifty years in myself but my 650 stays with me til the end :D and as far as packing in goes and to quote one older fella who once came to buy a bike off me long ago when I was younger -- ''well lad when I cant get my leg over a bike they can put me in a box'' :) ------ all the best with the strom

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Well I am selling my Vara as it is feeling too large for me to easily handle in the lanes & wife cannot climb on the pillion now, we are both 70+. The Vara is still great on more open roads but I can use my TA650 for the same use longer distance work, not as effortless as the Vara but more manageable in the lanes. When the TA650 becomes less manageable I still have the TA600 and then a ST90, then a wooden box?

·
Registered
189 Posts
HaHa when it gets round to considering the wooden box I tend to think about Papillon (Steve McQueen) floating away from devils island on his raft :D ----- I'me still here you bastards!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts