Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok as the tile says I’m considering an Enduro helmet (basically MX lid with visor)

So I want to know who recons which are the best and why?
I tend to buy HJC Helmets in the past since they fit better. Currently have HJC CL-14
My budget only goes to £150max to Arai X-tour are out.

I already looked at the Marushin X-Moto helmet and found it all a bit too flexible for my liking. Also there Lrg size was too small?

So who has what and why did you buy it?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Iv,e got a AIRHO S4 and it works at treat for me plus better vision :thumbright:and at around a £100 a bargain !!!!! also living in France the extended chin bit lets more air in because even though its -6° outside today it does get rather hot here from May till Sept
Phil

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm wandering about the HJC CLX-S??

The Helmet only needs to be used in winter months since I tend to wear a MX helmet and goggles when it's summer. The other option is do I just stick with another full-face helmet for when it's not warm enough for MX helmet and goggles?

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
I'm wandering about the HJC CLX-S??

The Helmet only needs to be used in winter months since I tend to wear a MX helmet and goggles when it's summer. The other option is do I just stick with another full-face helmet for when it's not warm enough for MX helmet and goggles?
I have a HJC CLXS paid £90 ish for it, not a bad lid the double D strap loops are a bit small the helemt is generally ok can be worn as a full face helmet with visor or visor removed and worn with googles

I wear it to work mainly and save my decent shoei helmet for the big bike and long journeys not to bothered if this one gets damaged also i decide to change my offroad lid and this one is ok for laning aswell not to much money tied up in something that is likely to get scat up

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reading up about the life of most helmets mine still has a few years left so I may stick to the cheaper option and just get a new visor and fit it with a Fog-City since my current one mists up and has stone chips on the outside.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Reading up about the life of most helmets mine still has a few years left so I may stick to the cheaper option and just get a new visor and fit it with a Fog-City since my current one mists up and has stone chips on the outside.
Problem with that is knowing how expensive some visors can be you may aswell just spend an extra £40-50 and get the new lid

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Problem with that is knowing how expensive some visors can be you may aswell just spend an extra £40-50 and get the new lid
Well if i get a new visor £34 and Fog city optics £35 it comes to £69. No wonder people just buy a new helmet :confused:

Wonder if there is anyway to remove the scratches on the visor?

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Well if i get a new visor £34 and Fog city optics £35 it comes to £69. No wonder people just buy a new helmet :confused:

Wonder if there is anyway to remove the scratches on the visor?
There are diamond grit paste's out there you can get them from engineering shops / suppliers various grades and you use a wood stick to polish the scratches out. If you know anybody in the RAF ask them aswell as they use for cockpits and visors.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have had 2 marushin helmets and crash tested both and believe me they do work ,hit the road at 50-60mph and it saved my life
I have also tried the Airoh s4 and the hjc and found the visors dont lock down properly,the latest one on the market i have tried and are very cheap (under £70 )are the Arashi helmets ,great for dual sport riding

Riderz, motorcycle clothing and accessories

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
I'm another that recommends the Airoh S4 it cost me £112.00, its light weight has a gold sticker on the back and is seatbelt type fastening (I hate DD Type) :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
I have had an Airoh S4 for over a year now and I like it! The first time out in the rain made me think I had bought a lemon as it steamed up something rotten but after I fitted a Pinlock insert it was great, no steaming up at all and it is OK in low temps as well. :D

Andy.

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
I have had an Airoh S4 for over a year now and I like it! The first time out in the rain made me think I had bought a lemon as it steamed up something rotten but after I fitted a Pinlock insert it was great, no steaming up at all and it is OK in low temps as well. :D

Andy.
Ah so you can get a pinlock to fit......from where and how much Andy?

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Ah so you can get a pinlock to fit......from where and how much Andy?
Not telling, so there! :p

I got a Pinlock insert for an Arai Tourex helmet and drilled my visor to fit the pegs. It is quite easy to do, just need to be careful when deciding where to drill! Mine came from M&S in Newcastle for about £18 but I am sure if you look around you will get one locally.

Andy.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
(I hate DD Type) :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Yep double D is just too big for most men to handle in size :D;)

Thanks for all the advice folks. But think Ill stick with my current helmet for the moment and put a Fog-City thing in it since the anti-fog coating has come off in patches on the inside and the helmet is only 2 years old so when I fully close visor (not very often) I get pretty misted up patterns

Must admit the Arashi Or Airoh will be on my next shoppng list for a helmet

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Well just cleaned the visor and put one of these in it:

http://www.racevisors.co.uk/product/oxford-products-ultra-clear

Cheaper than a new visor or helmet but fiddly to fit and has the added effect that you get high from the new glue smell when the visor is fully closed. Cant say I noticed much deference but it was a warmish dry ride into work so will see what its like on the cold wet mornings.

·
sfx wheels
806 Posts
supermoto helmet ,,,,,, mx lid with visor

check out the airoh range

there supermoto helmet is a real good un , and super light too

imported by feridax in halesowen , the same people that bring in shoei helmets

available from most large helmet retailers , or off the net

1 - 19 of 19 Posts