Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i am pretty new to dominators as i bought one about 3 months ago, however it sometimes makes a fast rattling noise from around the top of the engine when i am engine braking, it sort of comes and goes and not all the time. I just wondered what it could be? The best way to describe the noise is like when you were a kid and you stuck a piece of card on the frame of your push bike so it rubs on your spokes and make a sort of engine noise!
Also i find the tick over isn’t very good and the RPM needle fluctuates, you can hear that it sometimes doesn’t fire and misses a stroke, maybe every 5 seconds or so, could this be related to the engine braking noise? The engine has done around 26000 miles, or so the clock says!
Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its hard to tell where it comes from as it only does it when i am engine braking, when the bike is stood and i rev it i haven’t really heard anything. It doesn’t do it all the time!, but i think the it does sound more like the top. It does make abit of a rattle from the top when its cold and i have to use the choke to start her! Sorry i cant be more descriptive

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've got an identical noise on my FX650 - before I read this I was going to post that I had a noise like a lollipop stick on a kids push bike spokes !

My bike has only 4000 miles and the noise begins at exactly 2000 revs, it only started 2 days ago, didn't do it before and does it all the time since.

I wondered if it was the timing chain adjuster but don't know how to adjust it, anybody got any ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts