Honda XRV Forum banner

Engine noise when not in gear

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Macanamayor 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone

I seem to have a problem with engine noise when my RD07 is not in gear.
Starting up is not a problem, but as soon as she warms up there is a
Strange noise from the engine, when I pull the clutch lever the noise gets louder. (sounds like something is loose)
The minute I slip her into gear all noises disappear.

I had a look at the Haynes manual, and still have no clue what the problem could be.

I'm no mechanical GURU, and would appreciate all the help I can get.
:confused:

#3 ·
Hi Futter

The noise picks up when I pull the clutch in, and it does sound different with the lever in.
All I know it's coming from the bottom part of the motor and it sounds the same on both sides.
What is strange is that the noise gets louder as the motor warms up.

#4 ·
Dunno then - may well be clutch related - clutch is easily accessible so might be worth a look if there is any play - try a search on here re the clutch problems that may occur and take it from there.

#5 ·
Thanks, I'll have a browse around and c what I can find.
Read the manual again, and it looks like there in nothing that can cause serious damage.
If I open it up, I might just as well do everything on the clutch side.
Thanks again for the help.

#6 ·
I had the same noise.(Pull the clutch, the noise change and when put a gear it desappear)
I was told that it´s from the clutch case.
Nothing to worry about. A friend of mine had this ratle for year and more than 140.000KM and nothing happened.
Of course, if you have the time and the money, make it check.
And tell me how to solve the problem.:teeth:
Good luck.:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.